Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Westminster College will host We in Westminster, a week-long celebration of the college from Oct. 23-28 in honor of Dr. Kathy Brittain Richardson’s Inauguration.
The week will include several events each day:
· Sunday, Oct. 23, at 2 p.m., two open houses in Wallace Memorial Chapel and McGill Library will discuss the history and heritage of different aspects of the college and is open to the campus and community.
· Monday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m., the Titan Service Cup Award and Celebration will take place in Berlin Lounge. The Titan Service Cup is a competition among all student organizations to participate in the most community service and philanthropy hours. The winning student groups will receive recognition and prizes.
· Tuesday, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m., the women’s volleyball team will play in Buzz Ridl Gymnasium and the women’s soccer game will begin at 7:30 p.m. on the Titan Varsity Soccer Field. Both athletic events are open to the public.
· Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 7 p.m., the Henderson Lecture, featuring Dr. Thomas Oberst, will be open to the public in the Witherspoon Maple Room of the McKelvey Campus Center. Oberst will focus his lecture on the science of planets outside the solar system. The Henderson Lecture was founded by Dr. Joseph R. Henderson and his wife, Elizabeth, to encourage and recognize original and continuing research and scholarship among Westminster College faculty.
· Thursday, Oct. 27, at 7:30 p.m., the School of Music concert featuring various student ensembles will begin in Orr Auditorium. A post-concert reception will follow the concert in Orr Lobby to celebrate Westminster’s arts.
The week will conclude with an Inaugural Chapel Service at 11:40 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 28, in Wallace Memorial Chapel followed by the Inauguration Ceremony of Dr. Kathy Brittain Richardson at 2:30 p.m. in Orr Auditorium. Dr. Richardson is the 15th president of Westminster College. The ceremony is free and open to the public. A reception will immediately follow the ceremony in the Witherspoon Room of the McKelvey Campus Center.
For more information contact Kara Montgomery at email@example.com or 724-946-7363, or Gabriella Budai at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-946-7122. To view the full schedule of events, visit https://www.westminster.edu/about/presidential-inauguration/schedule.cfm.