The following items are suggestions; you are not required to bring everything on this list. We suggest you talk to your roommate(s) ahead of time about who is bringing what.
For Your Bed
- Bedspread or comforter, blankets
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Twin XL bedsheets
- Mattress topper (Twin XL length)
For the Bath
- Hairbrushes, combs, etc.
- First-aid kit and over the counter medicine
- Hair dryer, curling or flat iron (UL-approved)
- Prescribed medications, prescriptions for renewal
- Soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner
- Shower bucket or tote
- Shower shoes or flip-flops
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
- Towels and washcloths
- Cell phone and charger
- Desk or floor lamp; spare bulbs
- LED string lights (Non-LED and Christmas Lights are not allowed)
- TV (Wall mounting is prohibited)
- Gaming system (Playstion, XBox, Nintendo Switch)
- Flash drive
- Headphones or earbuds
- Surge protector strip with a 15-amp circuit breaker and safety reset switch
Appliances (UL Approved)
- Coffee maker (Keurig)
- Microwave (max. 1100 watts); only one per room
- Mini refrigerator (max. 4.3 cubic feet); only one per room
Desk and School Supplies
- Backpack or book bag
- Desk supplies
- Notebooks, pens, etc.
Already in Your Room
- Twin XL Mattress
- Bed frame
- Waste and Recycling Baskets
For Your Room
- Snacks, food, bottled beverages
- Broom and dust pan, small vacuum cleaner
- Carpet or rugs (max. 10’ x 10’)
- Cleaning supplies
- Cookware, dishes, cups
- Dish soap
- Tool kit (small)
- Trash Bags (6-gallon)
- Travel mug
- Under-bed storage drawers or caddies (storage sizes vary based on lofting)
- Reusable water bottle
- Personal items to make your space yours
- Full-length mirror
For the Laundry
- Clothes, hangers
- Dryer, fabric softener sheets
- Laundry basket
- Laundry detergent (recommended over pods)
- Stain stick
- Sewing kit
- Picnic blanket
- Rain gear (umbrella, rain boots, rain jacket)
- Winter Gear (winter boots, winter coat, gloves, hat and scarf)
Carry With You
- Debit card, credit cards, etc.
- Driver’s license; if you’re bringing a car: title, registration, insurance
- Health insurance card
- Passport or other state ID
- Student ID, a.k.a Titan Card
Prepare for Student Employment
- Documents for New Employee Registration
- Bank account info for direct deposit
- Need help with W-4 form? Contact Financial Aid
- Apply for jobs at westminster.joinhandshake.com
Please DO NOT Bring These Items
- Candles, oil lamps, and other sources of open flames
- Controlled substances, drugs, and drug paraphernalia
- Fireworks or explosives
- Incense and oil/wax scent diffusers (Scentsy plug ins, and Glade plug ins allowed)
- Toasters, toaster ovens, hot plates, etc.
- Bed risers
- Non-LED string lights
- Multi-plug adapters
- Pets; with the exception of fish in a 10 gallon aquarium
- Powdered laundry detergents
- WiFi Routers
- Lighter fluid
Please know that these items are a violation of Residence Life Policies and could result in going through the Student Conduct process.
Decorating Your Residence Hall Room
Use only approved products to hang posters and other decorations in your room.
We ask that students use 3M Command Adhesive products when hanging up decorations in their room. Please leave these products up at move-out and we will remove them at no charge.
Do not use nails, staples, tape or other fasteners on any walls.
Gel clings, wall stickers, vinyl appliques, static clings and holiday clings may damage walls and doors. Students will be charged for any room damages not listed on their Room Condition Forms or the use of any unapproved products.
If you have any questions regarding the use of a particular adhesive in your room, please contact your Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator.
Have Other Questions? Contact Us.
Check our Student Handbook for all our polices.
724-946-6105 | firstname.lastname@example.org