Posted on Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Twenty-seven Westminster College students recently graduated from the UPMC Jameson School of Nursing and will continue their coursework at Westminster to earn their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees.
Each student was recognized during a commencement ceremony on May 13 in Orr Auditorium on Westminster’s campus. All 27 students, as part of a partnership between Westminster and UPMC Jameson School of Nursing, will return to Westminster’s campus in the fall to complete their BSN degree requirements.
Through the Westminster-UPMC Jameson School of Nursing agreement, first-year students take pre-nursing and liberal arts courses at Westminster and matriculate to UPMC Jameson’s School of Nursing. For years two and three, students follow the UPMC Jameson program while earning credits at Westminster toward the BSN degree. At the completion of the UPMC Jameson program, students test for the licensing examination for registered nurse (RN) licensure. During the fourth year, students complete higher level nursing courses at Westminster to earn the BSN.
Westminster students graduating from UPMC Jameson School of Nursing include:
• Rebecca Adelman of Mogadore, Ohio
• Forest Mills of Clarion, Pa.
• Jocelyn Behr of Delmont, Pa.
• Emily Bright of Grove City, Pa.
• Krystyna Burdelski of Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Jessica Fellion of New Castle, Pa. Fellion was a UPMC Jameson School of Nursing honors student and a student ambassador. She also served as a senior speaker during the commencement ceremony.
• Nicole Grzebyk of North Huntingdon, Pa.
• Eva Hagg of Petrolia, Pa. Hagg was a UPMC Jameson School of Nursing honors student.
• Alexandria Hartle of Parker, Pa.
• Joshua Hutcherson of Uniontown, Ohio
• Alexa Hutchinson of Geneva, Ohio
• Andrew Micsky of Greenville, Pa. Micsky was a UPMC Jameson School of Nursing student ambassador.
• Emily Munoz Arguello of New Castle, Pa.
• Dominic Mymo of Hermitage, Pa.
• Reagan Olson of Delaware, Ohio. Olson was a UPMC Jameson School of Nursing student ambassador.
• Alexandra Pfab of Cranberry Township, Pa.
• Dawson Porter of Kittanning, Pa.
• Brianna Powell of Harrisville, Pa.
• Madison Sieczkowski of Avonmore, Pa.
• Juliana Sienkiewicz of Poland, Ohio
• Payge Simmer of Slippery Rock, Pa.
• Joy Snow of Natrona Heights, Pa.
• Kelly Somora of Grove City, Pa.
• Kali Ternitsky of Uniontown, Pa.
• Chase Waldschmidt of New Castle, Pa.
• Gabrielle Weaver of Clarion, Pa. Weaver was a UPMC Jameson School of Nursing honors student.
• Alexis Ziegler of Seneca, Pa.
Westminster’s first cohort of nursing students—a total of 10 students—recently earned their BSN degrees at Westminster College’s 2021 Spring Commencement on May 8. They received their registered nursing licenses in 2020.
For more information about Westminster's nursing program, please contact Dr. Tricia Ryan, assistant professor and chair of Westminster's Department of Nursing, at email@example.com or 724-946-7470.