Skip to main content

Office of Global Engagement



Michael E. Aleprete

Michael E. Aleprete

Darlene Ann McCoy

Executive Assistant in Academic Affairs
Darlene Ann McCoy

 Complete the Information Form for Off-Campus Studies


Exchange Programs

Wouldn't it be fantastic to spend a semester in England? France? Japan? Argentina? or even "Down Under?"

The opportunities are endless and the experiences unique. Nothing will enhance your Liberal Arts degree more than international studies.

You can keep your financial aid regardless of your major by enrolling through our exchange programs: Westminster at London, Yonsei University in Korea, and the Irish/American Scholar Program (Northern Ireland).

Consider spending a semester at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. View their website. Plan to begin the Yonsei application process approximately six months before the semester you want to study abroad. You must be nominated by Dr. Aleprete to begin the application process. Once Yonsei accepts our nomination, your student account will be created and you will be notified of how to log into their system to complete your application. You are required to have completed two semesters of study at Westminster before the nomination/application period and have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be considered as a candidate for study at Yonsei.

Each year two students may be nominated to the Irish/American Scholar Program for a semester of study at the University of Ulster or Queens University in Northern Ireland. More information about these universities can be found at the websites for Queens and Ulster.

Affiliated Programs

In addition to our exchange programs, opportunities for academically challenging and culturally thorough study abroad experiences are also offered through our affiliation with ISA (International Studies Abroad and CEA (Cultural Experiences Abroad). View the ISA and CEA websites. We are also affiliated with Midwestern State University's British Studies program, which offers a summer study-abroad experience (

For inexpensive student flights and travel arrangements, please see the following websites:
Student Universe
STA Travel

The Department of State offers "Tips to Students" who plan to study abroad at

If you're not interested in overseas studies but are intrigued by politics and government, ask about our Washington Semester Program with American University. This program also has options for brief 3-4 week travel abroad.

Study abroad ideas and locations can also be found at:
Academic Studies Abroad

Information regarding visa requirements can be found at the following web site:

Stop in to see Dr. Michael Aleprete, Director of Global Education, in Old Main 224 to discuss your interests and find study abroad brochures.

International Studies and Off-Campus Studies Policy

Any student required or wishing to participate in an international/off-campus study program must contact Dr. Aleprete prior to beginning the application process. You must complete the Westminster College paperwork to study abroad before proceeding with applications from off campus programs.

  • Complete the information form at the top of this page to begin the process.
  • It is important to file your application and all paperwork as early as possible to meet individual program deadlines.
  • Keep in mind that unfunded financial aid is only portable when:
    • Study abroad is required for completion of the major.
    • Study abroad is arranged through the Westminster in London program, Irish American Scholars, or Yonsei University in Korea.
    • Aid is portable for one semester only.

Study Abroad Grant for PELL Students

If you receive a Pell grant as part of your financial aid package, you may be eligible to apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. Please visit for more information.


Off-Campus Study in Photos