Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Westminster College's Earth Week celebration is set to include activities through the end of April.
• April 16-20 Reusable Cup Week, sponsored by Sodexo Dining Services, in the TUB and Titan Club
• April 19 "Marcellus Hydrofracture Flowback and Production Wastewater Treatment, Recycle, and Disposal Technologies" by Tim Keister of ProChem Tech -
Sebastian Mueller Theater, 7 p.m.; arranged by Westminster's Department of Chemistry with support from the Drinko Center for Experiential Learning as part of
the Environmental Speaker Series.
• April 20 Outdoor Chapel service (weather permitting) - near Senior Terrace, 11:40 a.m.
• April 21 E-Recycling Drive - Hoyt Science Resources Center loading dock, 9 a.m.-noon; organized by Westminster's Audio Visual Services
• Until April 21 Image of the Month contest submissions - sponsored by Audio Visual Services (Earth Week Image of the Month winners from 2011 and 2012 will be displayed)
• April 24 Shale Gas Extraction open forum - Phillips Lecture Hall, 12:45 p.m.; organized by Sustainability in Motion
• April 25 Nature walk for Westminster Preschool Lab students - Field Station
• April 26 Tree planting - Field Station; sponsored by the Environmental Science Committee
Art students, under the direction of Peggy Cox, professor of art, will follow the theme of "Wild Colors" through a display of fabrics colored with natural dyes made from local plants.
Additional activities include a fracking awareness campaign organized by the Campus Green Party and trail clean-up at the Field Station organized by Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity. Dates, times, and location are to be determined.
Click here for a complete and updated schedule of events.