Jerb Miller Scholarship Program
Westminster College alumni who are educators have the opportunity to nominate five deserving students for the Jerb Miller Scholarship. The scholarship is created in honor of Dr. Jerb Miller, a beloved professor who taught education at Westminster from 1968 until his death in 1992. Jerb Miller scholarships are four-year renewable awards valued at up to $96,000 ($24,000 per academic year) for first-year students enrolling in the Fall 2023 semester. Nominated students must have a 3.5 overall GPA to qualify.
Nominations for this program are open and are encouraged to be submitted as early as possible.
Jerb Miller Nomination Deadline
Student Admissions Applications Due
Beginning July 1 for Fall 2023, and on a rolling basis
Student Notification of Admissions Decision
Student Deposists Due in Admissions Office
Young Presbyterian Scholar Program
The Young Presbyterian Scholars program is a partnership between Westminster College and Presbyterian and historically-related congregations, including PC(USA), ECO, EPC, Orthodox Presbyterian, and Covenant Presbyterian Churches.
We seek to provide students with opportunities to continue to grow in their faith while attending one of the leading liberal arts colleges in the country. Each congregation can nominate two students for the scholarship each year.
Benefits of Young Presbyterian Scholars Programs
Young Presbyterian Scholars will receive:
- An annual scholarship worth up to $24,000 for a four-year total of $96,000
- Personal and spiritual growth at one of the nation’s most admired liberal arts colleges
- Involvement in ministry opportunities sponsored by the Office of Faith and Spirituality
- Mentorships/partnerships with other students throughout the program
- Opportunities to study and discuss issues relating to faith
- Development of leadership skills
Program Eligibility and Application Information
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Membership in a Presbyterian or historically-related congregation, including PC(USA), ECO, EPC, Orthodox Presbyterian and Covenant Presbyterian Churches
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Nomination by a member of the pastoral staff or any Westminster alumni belonging to the church
Any member of the pastoral staff or congregants who are also Westminster college alumni can nominate a deserving student from their church:
Scholarship Program Deadlines
- Pastor or Alumni Congregants: Nominations are due December 1
- Students: Westminster application for admission due December 15