Skip to main content

Summer Session

Westminster Summer Session Courses are taught by Westminster faculty on a condensed schedule, which enables students to meet academic needs while still allowing time for summer jobs and other activities. Courses are offered in three convenient formats: day, evening and blended learning classes.


Admissions Procedure

Applications to Westminster Summer Session are processed through the Admissions Office. Students attending Summer Session will be in one of the following categories:

  1. New student accepted at Westminster College for the upcoming Fall semester
  2. New applicant (students who never attended Westminster College) 

Visiting students may register online or by calling 724-946-7100.

Currently enrolled Westminster students must obtain advisor clearance and then register using My Westminster registration option. 



How do I Apply/Register?

For Summer Session registration, students may register online or, students may register in person, email, fax, or phone.


Campus Services


The Westminster College Bookstore, located in the Andrew J. McKelvey Campus Center, will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Textbooks will be sold beginning June 4 and may be shipped via UPS upon request. For additional information, please call 724-946-7217.

Books required for each course may be found at the Bookstore website.

Business Office

The Business Office, located on the 2nd floor of Old Main, is open for transactions Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Please call the Business Office at 724-946-7140 if any questions about your account.

Career Center

The Career Center, located in the Andrew J. McKelvey Campus Center , assists students in planning and preparing for careers. Services include individual career counseling and assessments, computerized career guidance, access to alumni for informational interviewing and networking for the job search, individualized job search planning, mock interviewing, on-campus recruiting and a weekly on-line listing of immediate job openings. Students are also encouraged to use the Career Library which contains information on careers, graduate education, job search strategies, companies, government agencies, and school systems.

Computer Facilities

Campus computing and telephone services are operated by the Information Systems Department located on the first floor of Hoyt Science Resources Center. Campus computer lab will be available for student's use at McGill LIbrary, 1st floor. Lab hours and other information about computer facilities and services are also available on the department website. The Help Desk can be reached at 724-946-6900 and the department offices at 724-946-7404.


Frequently Asked Questions

All Westminster Summer Session courses earn college credit that may be applied to a degree or transferred to another academic institution, however all transfer credit is determined by the visiting student's home institution.

Am I able to adjust my schedule once classes have begun?

Yes. Students who wish to change from one class to another may do so with no fee prior to the course meeting 6 semester hours. To change a class, stop in or contact the Registrar’s Office at 724-946-7136.

How do I withdraw from Summer Session?

If you decide not to complete a Summer Session course, you must complete a Withdrawal Form at the Registrar’s Office. College fees are usually non-refundable to students unless they withdraw because of illness or reasons entirely beyond their control. Any fees returned are pro-rated.

May I live on Campus during the Summer Session?

Yes, student housing is available during the Summer Session. One residence hall is used for the Summer Session. All campus policies are in effect during the Summer Session. For additional information, please call the Office of Student Affairs at 724-946-7110.

May I take courses as a High School Student?

Yes, qualifying students from local area high schools wishing to take classes at Westminster College may do so with special permission. For more information call 724-946-7100.

How do I schedule an internship?

Students planning to serve an internship should:
  1. consult with your advisor prior to the end of spring semester
  2. pick up the internship packet at the Career Center, complete and return the internship application to the Career Center
  3. return signed approval to the Registrar to complete your registration.

For more information or assistance, please call the Career Center at 724-946-6338.* Internships are available for Westminster College students only.

The last day to register for a summer internship is Friday, June 27, 2014.

When are Grades available?

Summer Session Grades will be posted in August.

How do I transfer Summer Session credits to my home College or University?

Please stop by the Westminster Registrar’s office, located on the first floor of Old Main, to request a copy of your transcript to be sent to yourhome school.  There is a one time $30.00 transcript fee.