Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Twelve Westminster College instrumentalists have been selected to perform in the 76th annual Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band, which will perform Feb. 2-4 at Grove City College. A public concert will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4, in the Pew Fine Arts Center on the college’s campus.
Leading this year’s Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band will be guest conductor Dr. Onsby Rose, internationally known composer and director of bands at Dort University. Students from 22 Pennsylvania colleges and universities will be participating.
The following students, under the direction of Westminster College Professor of Music and Director of Instrumental Activities Dr. R. Tad Greig, were selected for the elite ensemble:
• Ashley Tarter, flute. Tarter is a senior political science and English double major from Alliance, Ohio.
• Shawn Redmond, oboe. Redmond is a senior instrumental music performance major from Ellwood City, Pa.
• Shelby Pocono, clarinet. Pocono is a junior music education and instrumental music performance double major from Shavertown, Pa.
• Morgan Ross, bass clarinet. Ross is a sophomore biology major from Summerville, Pa.
• Dalton Stoops, trumpet. Stoops is a senior music education and instrumental music performance double major from Warren, Ohio.
• Isabella Dienes, trumpet. Dienes is a junior music education major from Rochester Mills, Pa.
• Jeremy Beckinger, horn. Beckinger is a junior music education major from Coal Center, Pa.
• Jocelyn Whalen, horn. Whalen is a senior biology major and honors student from New Brighton, Pa.
• Tim Mulcahy, trombone. Mulcahy is a sophomore music and music education double major from Bradford, Pa.
• Amy Smith, double bass. Smith is a senior music education and instrumental music performance double major from Mechanicsville, Md.
• Ryan Shaw, percussion. Shaw is a junior music education major from Pittsburgh.
• Shannon Witkouski, percussion. Witkouski is a sophomore music education and instrumental music performance double major from Beaver, Pa.
The Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band is the nation’s oldest continuously performing intercollegiate band, featuring student musicians from colleges and universities across the state.
For more information, please contact Dr. Greig at email@example.com or 724-946-7279.
To learn more about Westminster’s music program, please visit www.westminster.edu/music.