Posted on Friday, February 4, 2022
Seven Westminster College band students have been selected to the 74th Annual Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band, which will perform Feb. 25-27 at Shippensburg State University.
Leading this year’s Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band will be guest conductor Dr. Richard Mark Heidel from the University of Iowa. Students from more than 20 Pennsylvania colleges and universities will be participating.
The following students, under the direction of Westminster College Professor of Music and Director of Instrumental Activities Dr. R. Tad Greig, were selected to the elite ensemble:
• Madaline Matejka, flute. Matejka, a junior music education major from Aliquippa, Pa., is a graduate of Hopewell Senior High School.
• Maeve Wonderly, second clarinet. Wonderly, a sophomore music education and music performance double major from Altoona, Pa., is a graduate of Altoona Area High School.
• Shelby Pocono, third clarinet. Pocono, a first-year music education and music performance double major from Shavertown, Pa., is a graduate of Dallas High School.
• Madison Mueller-Howell, first trumpet. Mueller-Howell, a sophomore music education major from Rimersburg, Pa., is a graduate of Union High School.
• Emily LaMark, first trombone. LaMark, a senior double majoring in molecular biology and music as a second major, is from Hickory, Pa., and a graduate of Fort Cherry High School.
• Jeremy Beckinger, euphonium. Beckinger, a first-year music education major from Coal Center, Pa., is a graduate of California Area High School.
• Jonah Hubauer, tuba. Hubauer, a senior music education major from Clarion, Pa., is a graduate of Clarion-Limestone Junior-Senior High School.
The Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Honors Band is the longest running collegiate honors ensemble in the country. Over the past 27 years, Westminster has had more than 150 students chosen to participate.
For more information, please contact Dr. Greig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-946-7279.
To learn more about Westminster’s music program, please visit www.westminster.edu/music.
Students pictured from left to right: Maeve Wonderly, Jeremy Beckinger, Shelby Pocono, Jonah Hubauer, Madaline Matejka, Emily LaMark and Madison Mueller-Howell