Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
As you know from the email sent last week, we are implementing new testing policies per PA guidelines. These testing policies begin at move-in and extend into surveillance testing throughout the semester.
Testing Appointments and Move-In will take place Thursday, January 14-Monday, January 18, 2021. The move-in process will be scheduled and staggered in order to prioritize the health and safety of our community. Please read the following information closely as the policy changes impact how we will conduct check-in appointments and move-in.
1. Pre-arrival quarantine and testing – Students are strongly encouraged to quarantine for 10-14 days prior to arrival and to get tested within 72-hours of your return. Quarantine will strengthen our ability to open strong and testing pre-arrival helps you manage your plans. Test results should be uploaded to the Student Health Portal. Students who do not provide a negative test result prior to arrival will be required to quarantine in their room on campus until a negative test result is received. Students who have had COVID within the last 90 days do not need to be tested, but must provide documentation by submitting the test result to the Student Health Portal if the testing was conducted off campus.
2. Pre-arrival symptom check – Before you leave home, check your temperature and signs of any symptoms. If you have symptoms or a temp above 100.4, stay home and contact Patrick Bussiere (email@example.com) as soon as possible to talk about your options.
3. Student Code of Conduct Addendum – Read, respond, and submit the addendum to the student code of conduct.
Scheduling your Testing Appointments and Move-In
* Schedule your testing appointment here https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=21015876&
* Appointments must be scheduled at least one week prior to your anticipated move in date.
What you can expect at testing check-in and move in
* Arrive at Old 77 for your testing appointment. If your test results are negative, you will be able to move into your residence hall. If you test positive, you will be required to isolate. Students who live within 6 hours from campus will be asked to return home to isolate. Students outside that range will isolate in Thompson House.
* Students who are not tested prior to arrival on campus will be tested using a PCR test and will be required to quarantine in their room until a negative test result is received (24-48 hours). They may leave only to pick up meals in the dining halls.
* Students who are tested within 72-hours of arrival to campus will be tested using a rapid antigen test. If the rapid test result is negative, the student will not be required to quarantine.
* Each student will have a 30-minute window for move-in. Those who are newly moving to campus will have a 90-minute window.
* You are permitted to have 1 individual assist you. All will be required to wear a mask, follow physical distancing requirements, and sanitize their hands frequently. If anyone who is assisting you is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they should not come to campus with you.
* In order to ensure appropriate physical distancing, you and your roommate should not plan to move-in at the same time. Please talk with your roommate about your plans prior to signing up for a check-in and testing time.
* Westminster College will not be providing any shared moving bins or dollies. Please plan accordingly.
* Your meal plan will be active and dining facilities will be open beginning January 14, 2021.
* First year & transfer students – In addition to testing, you must have all your health forms completed in order to move into the residence halls. Please view your New Student Checklist to make sure you’ve completed all your preparation items. You will be contacted by Residence Life to schedule your move in time on Saturday, January 16.