Service & Learning with Chapel ServicesMonday, April 25, 2011
The Chapel Office at Westminster College works with students, faculty & staff to identify and participate in service opportunities locally and around the world. This INSIDE WESTMINSTER COLLEGE interview with Westminster Chaplain Jim Mohr looks at how 'vision trips' help volunteers discover more about their world through service and in the end discover about themselves.
Students Participated in Work Trips over Spring BreakWednesday, April 6, 2011
More than 50 Westminster College students participated in three Spring Break work trips March 12-20.
- The Campus Chapter of Habitat for Humanity is affliated with the Mahoning County Habitat for Humanity in Youngstown, Ohio.
- Chapter Meetings for the 2013-2014 Academic Year will be held at 6:00 PM on the following Thursdays with locations noted by each date: September 5 (Mueller Theater), September 19 (Wallace Chapel), October 3 (Wallace Chapel), October 17 (Mueller Theater), November 7 (Wallace Chapel), November 21 (Mueller Theater), December 5 (Wallace Chapel), January 23 (Mueller Theater), February 6 (Mueller Theater), February 20 (Mueller Theater), March 20 (Wallace Chapel), April 3 (Mueller Theater), April 24 (Mueller Theater).
- Scheduled Saturday Work Days from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM are: September 7 & 21, October 5 & 19, November 9 & 23, December 7, January 25, February 8 & 22, March 22, April 5 & 26, and May 3.
- Spring Break Collegiate Challenge & Work Trips will be held the week of March 8-15, 2014 - Destinations will be determined by late September / early October. If you are interested in signing up for this work trip contact Rev. Jim Mohr. Persons attending will need to participate in fund raising events and pay a minimal registration fee (yet to be determined).
- For information regarding opportunities to participate in workdays, fundraisers and more. Contact: Jenna Huston (Chapter President), Stephen Bendig (Chapter Vice President), Nicole Cross (Treasurer) or Rev. Jim Mohr (Faculty Advisor) for more information.
Mission Work Trips
- Spring Break 2014 will be March 8-15, 2014. Spring Break Work Trips are being planned. Destinations will be determined by October 2013. Watch for details! Participants will be required to make a deposit and participate in fund raising programs.
- Contact Jim Mohr for more information on all trips.
- Volunteers In Service and Action teams are under the direction of the Chapel Office. These service teams consist of dedicated students who are willing to volunteer their time and energy to one or more programs in the area. Projects include tutoring programs, youth rehabilitation work, adopt a grandparent, church youth work, crisis hotlines, Big Brother/Big Sister, and more.
- The Fall Semester Volunteer Expo will be held on Thursday, August 29, 2013 from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM in the McKelvey Campus Center. Organizations will have tables and displays in the second floor Lobby.