Admission Requirements & Application
Westminster’s All-College Honors Program values intellectual achievement, curiosity, creativity, leadership, and service. To qualify for the program, students must meet the following criteria:
High School Seniors
- Minimum 3.75 high school GPA; and
- Completion of online application and essay. Essays will be scored on quality of argument, innovation of thought, and clarity of language. Applicants will be ranked by GPA, essay score, and activities (within school or broader community) described in their application to Westminster.
Application Process for High School Seniors
- Acceptance to All-College Honors requires a complete and successful application to Westminster College.
- Following successful application to Westminster, students with a 3.75 minimum GPA will be notified by email of their eligibility for Honors.
- Online applications to join the Honors Program were due January 15.
- Decision notifications will be communicated by February 10.
Sophomores at Westminster College
Students who do not qualify for honors in the senior year of high school may apply to join the program after their first semester at Westminster. These students begin the program in the fall semester of the sophomore year. To be eligible for sophomore-entry, students must:
- earn a minimum GPA of 3.7 in the fall semester at Westminster;
- submit letters of recommendation from all professors in the fall semester; and
- write a short essay.
Students who earn a 3.7 GPA in their first semester will be contacted by the Honors Program Director at the beginning of the spring semester with instructions on how to apply.