What is the Legacy Society?
The Legacy Society was created as a recognition Society for all individuals who have chosen to include Westminster College in their estate plans.
Members of the Legacy Society have advised the College of their decision to:
- include Westminster in their wills
- name Westminster as beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- name Westminster as beneficiary of an IRA or retirement plan
- name Westminster as beneficiary in a charitable trust
- create a life income gift
- remember the College through another estate provision
Members are invited to attend the Annual Donor Recognition Brunch where the newest members of the Legacy Society Honor Roll receive a special LHR lapel pin.
What is the Legacy Society Honor Roll?
The Legacy Society Honor Roll publicly recognizes members of the Legacy Society. The Honor Roll, located in the Tower Room of Old Main, applauds the vision of our planned giving donors and expresses gratitude for their commitment to the Westminster tradition. The Honor Roll is made up of small brass plaques* with the names of those members of the Legacy Society who have given written permission for the College to acknowledge publicly their decision to provide a future gift.
*Brass plaques include names only. The type of planned gift and the gift value are confidentially maintained and never reported publicly.