Federal and State
- The Department of Education is the Federal agency that regulates Financial Aid.
- The Office of Post Secondary Education is an informational site for students. The Office of Federal Student Aid is under the management of the Office of Post Secondary Education and is responsible for the Student Guide to Financial Aid 2013-2014.
- FAFSA online is the site where students may apply for financial aid by submitting their FAFSA information or renewal FAFSA information directly to the Department of Education's Central Processing System
- PHEAA, The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency is a full-service student financial aid organization.
- FastWeb (Financial Aid Search Through the WEB) is the largest and most complete scholarship search on the Internet. FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb also offers expert advice and how-tos on admissions, financial aid, selecting a major, choosing a career and more. FastWeb is provided completely free and Westminster College is a proud FastWeb member school.
To use FastWeb, a student fills out a detailed profile through a series of online forms. After the forms are complete, FastWeb responds with a list of matching awards. Each entry in this list includes information about deadlines, eligibility requirements, award amounts, and contact information for the award provider.
- Scholarship Search provides a comprehensive guide to scholarships available through The Pittsburgh Foundation. We would encourage you to visit this web site for additional information.
- Scholarships.com Free College Scholarship Search & Financial Aid Information
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program Master Promissory Note for Stafford Loan and the Parent Plus Loan
- Once you and your family have considered institutional and federal loan options, you can use the Pennsylvania Private Loan Marketplace to instantly and accurately compare rates and terms from multiple private loan lenders side-by-side. This will help you make an informed decision about the most appropriate loan for you.
- To find out who services your student loans, and how to contact them, click here. LoanLocator
- National Student Loan Data System NSLDS
- The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid Student Loan
- Dept. of Education Teaching Service Cancellation/Deferment Options
Entrance and Exit Counseling for Federal Stafford Loans
All first time borrowers must complete an entrance interview at The Department of Education Student Loan website.
Church Related Links
- Presbyterian Church USA Financial Aid Programs for Undergraduates
Other Helpful Links
- Need additional Financial Aid Information? Try FinAid! The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid. Winner of numerous Web awards as well as "kudos" from the financial aid community, FinAid is the SmartStudent's resource for information on financial aid. Author Mark Kantrowitz provides a myriad of sources for grants, loans, scholarships as well as calculators, glossary of terms, and much, much, more!
- Planning for Higher Education American Education Services
- Yahoo Directory Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs
- Scholarship Opportunity for African American Students UNCFM
- Scholarship Opportunity for Native American Students The American Indian College Fund
- Scholarship Opportunity for Hispanic Students Hispanic Scholarship Fund OnLine
- The College Board Homepage The College Board on-line
- The National Service Scholarship Home page National Service Scholarships
- Corporation for National and Community Service AmeriCorps
- United States Department of Labor Job Training Partnership Act
- Financial Aid Guide to Mapping Your Future