The mission of the Drinko Center is to enrich undergraduate education...
- By engaging students in collaborative research with faculty.
- By enhancing the Westminster "capstone" experience.
- By incorporating academically meaningful service-learning into the curriculum.
- By participating in collaborations that address community and regional needs including strengthening preK-12 education.
- And through additional initiatives including the Distinguished Lecture Series, Perspectives on the Environment, Model UN, Science in Motion, and Language in Motion.
Westminster College Early Childhood Education Majors Participated in African American Read-In in FarrellWednesday, April 9, 2014
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Twenty-one Westminster College early childhood education/special education pre-service teachers participated in the 25th National African- American Read-In at Farrell Elementary School in February.
Westminster College Students Teach Migrant Workers English Language
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Twenty-eight Westminster College students in two sections of the Fall Semester English Language Learner course participated in teaching migrant workers and their families the English language.
Westminster College's Diversity Services Office Announces Black History Month Activities
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College will celebrate Black History Month with a series of programs that are free to the public.
Westminster College Biology Student Presents Research at Conference
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College senior biology major Michael Brooks Jr. and associate professors Dr. Marosh Furimsky and Dr. John Robertson presented their research at the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology (SICB) conference in Austin, Texas, in January.
Westminster College Announces Environmental Symposium Awards
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College students won numerous awards in December at the Student Symposium on the Environment. The event was hosted by Westminster Environmental Programs and co-sponsored by the Slippery Rock Watershed Coalition. Awards were sponsored by Stream Restoration, Inc.