Off-Campus Research and Internship Opportunities

Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU programs)

One of the best ways to develop research skills and stimulate your intellectual curiosity is to work as an undergraduate researcher during the summers of your college years.  The National Science Foundation (NSF) has a very active and reputable Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in which students get paid for performing research at a variety of universities across the U.S.

International Research Experience for Undergraduates (IREU)

The American Chemical Society IREU program provides the opportunity for undergraduates to pursue research at universities in Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.  Students work for 10 weeks and earn a stipend to help with living expenses. This program is also funded through the National Science Foundation.

Find an internship at the Career Center

Westminster College's Career Center has many internship opportunities available to our majors.  Visit their web site or stop by the center to find an internship that suites your interests.

Internships for Undergraduate Chemistry Students

The American Chemical Society has a database of interships for undergraduate chemistry students.  These are sorted by city, state, and organiziation.