Skip to main content

Transfer Admissions



Complete your degree at Westminster College!

Westminster is the ideal destination for transfer students. We offer convenient transfer pathways for nearly every major, generous scholarships, and a collaborative and experiential environment that leads to student success. In addition, students entering with an Associate’s Degree in an arts or sciences field will automatically satisfy our general education requirements. Transferring has never been easier.

Contact Admissions at or 724-946-7100 with any questions.




Application Process

To apply, please submit the following to the Admissions Office:

  • The application form.
  • Official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended. (In addition, an updated transcript including final grades for courses in progress should be sent as soon as it is available.)
  • Official high school transcript. Have your high school include SAT and/or ACT scores if you choose to submit them.
  • The Transfer Student Clearance Form (this shows proof of good standing at the college/university from which you intend to transfer).

Credit Transfer

After we receive a complete list of courses taken and courses in progress, our registrar will review your records on a course-by-course basis to determine which credits will transfer.

 Check Course Equivalencies

Westminster's credit transfer policy states:

  • Up to 96 credit hours may be transferred.
  • Only courses with a "C-" or better will transfer.
  • Courses graded pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory will not be accepted in transfer.
  • A minimum of eight credits toward the major, four of which must be Capstone, must be earned at Westminster.
  • A minimum of four credits toward a minor must be earned at Westminster.
  • Students who completed a 2-year associate's degree in the arts or sciences, or who are transferring 64 or more credits, are exempt from the First Year, IP, and Cluster requirements of the Westminster plan.

When we receive your final transcripts, you will be sent a final evaluation of credit from the registrar. You will then be assigned an academic adviser who will recommend a program of study for your future semesters at Westminster.

Community College Students

Westminster has articulation agreements with local community colleges that make it easy to build on your success and keep moving ahead in your educational journey. Students who earn their 2-year associate’s degree in the arts or sciences at any of the following institutions are eligible to transfer into a one of our 4-year bachelor’s degree programs:

  • Beaver County Community College
  • Butler County Community College
  • Community College of Allegheny County
  • Pennsylvania State University-Shenango Campus

Interested students should contact their home campus for more information.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

More than 98% of our students receive financial assistance. To be considered for scholarships and financial aid:

  • Apply for admission to the College. You will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships during the acceptance process.
  • File a FAFSA form to be considered for need-based financial aid.
  • Schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

When should I apply?

Today! We have a rolling admissions policy, which means the sooner you apply, the sooner you will receive an admissions decision.

Are there minimum requirements I have to have to transfer into Westminster College?

Our review committee will consider accepting transfer students with a cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or above. We will also look at your high school grade point average (and your SAT and/or ACT scores, if you choose to submit them) and other factors.

How do I know what classes will transfer?

The Registrar's Office will determine which college courses transfer to Westminster. They take into consideration the learning outcomes for the course, the course content, alignment with Westminster courses, and the grade received (it must be a "C-" or better; no credit is given for courses taken pass/fail).

How many credits can I transfer to Westminster?

Up to 96 credit hours will be accepted in transfer.

What scholarships are available for transfer students?

The same Merit Based scholarships that are available for students applying right out of high school are available for transfer students. Scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $24,000 and even up to full tuition (see our scholarships page) may be awarded based on both high school and post-secondary academic performance. Any questions concerning Financial Aid can be directed to the Financial Aid Office.

When can I register for classes?

You can register for classes after being accepted as a transfer student and paying a $200 non-refundable deposit to the Admissions Office. A special time period is set aside for transfer registration during the summer (prior to the start of the Fall Semester) and the month of January (prior to the start of the Spring Semester).

Is housing available?

Yes, Westminster College is a residential campus and housing is available for transfer students. Housing information will be sent to you directly, after we have received your $200 non-refundable deposit. Any questions concerning housing can be directed to our Student Affairs Office.

What else do I need to know about the transfer process?

It is important to make sure you have all of your application materials into the Admissions Office in a timely manner. We want to help you through the transfer process and make the transition to Westminster College an easy one. Please contact the Admissions Office at 724-946-7100 with any questions.