Applying as an International Student
International applicants can apply for free to Westminster College using either the Common Application or the College’s application.
All application materials and supporting documents must be received by these dates:
Applications submitted after the deadline and incomplete applications will be considered for the next term.
Application Documentation Required
Official Academic Transcripts from all high school and post-secondary schools attended.
Transcripts from colleges, and universities outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by an agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluators, the Association of International Credential Evaluators, or by IDP Education. See the list below.
SAT or ACT Scores.
Westminster College is test-optional and does not require SAT or ACT scores for admission, however, our partner institutions for advanced degree programs currently require test scores for admission. Students applying to the following programs must submit SAT or ACT Scores
Westminster Students whose first language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in the English language.
Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), and Duolingo are accepted. Minimum acceptable scores for standard English tests are
- TOEFL: 80 – Internet based
- IELTS: 6
- Duolingo: 95-100 or higher
Test scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to Westminster College from the testing service.
ETS School Code:
Westminster’s Educational Testing Service (ETS) school code is 2975.
Exceptions to the English testing requirement:
- A college or university degree has been earned in the United States prior to applying to Westminster.
- Students who have successfully completed two years of full-time academic study in a degree-granting program in the United States.
- GCSE or GCE English exam – Letter grades A, B or C, or numerical grades 4-9
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Annual Tuition, Room & Board, and Fees
Tuition, room and board, fees and expense are updated annually.
All full-time international students must have an approved medical insurance plan. Prices fluctuate based off VISA type, home country and athlete versus non-athlete. Plans can be purchased using this link to the GBG Student Waiver Portal.
International applicants will be evaluated at the time of admission for eligibility for merit scholarships.
International students must demonstrate the ability to finance their education at Westminster College.
Cost of Attendance
International students must show $53,050 in financial support to attend Westminster.
All international students must complete the Financial Declaration Form as required by United States immigration law. Students must demonstrate the resources to meet their expenses while attending Westminster College.
- Complete and submit the Financial Declaration Form.
- Submit all bank statements or affidavits supporting all funding available towards the cost of attendance. Tax documents and proof of income are not acceptable forms of documentation.
- Award letters or documentation supporting any scholarship funds available to go towards the total cost of attendance are acceptable forms of documentation.
- All documentation must show in US Dollars and in English.
Westminster College will issue an I-20 after receipt of the following items if the student is otherwise admissible to the College.
- Copy of the applicant’s current and valid passport.
- Copy of the applicant’s current and valid visa if in the US.
- Copy of the applicant’s current I-94 if in the US.
- Financial Support Form
- Official bank statements or other appropriate financial documentation.
International Credential Evaluation Agencies
International Transcript Evaluation Agencies
Full course-by-course evaluations are required for any transfer credit.
P.O. Box 170116, Boston MA 02117
Tel: 617.338.7171 | Fax: 617.338.7101
134 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1900 Chicago, IL 60602
P.O. Box 745 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10013-0745
Tel: 212.966.6311 | Fax: 212.966.6395
P.O. Box 3665, Culver City CA 90231-3665
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520 Washington, DC 20036
29 E. Madison Street, Ste. 1005, Chicago, IL 60602
450 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1107 New York, NY 10123
Or any current agency that is a current member of www.naces.org or www.aice-eval.org Completed International Transcript Evaluations will be sent directly from the evaluation agency