COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols for Celebrity Series
UPDATE effective 8/19/21
The Celebrity Series COVID-19 protocols are subject to change based on College, state and federal guidelines and recommendations as well as changes to the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust protocol that we are modeling. Please check back before each event you are attending for any updates.
Celebrity Series is updating our COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols effective immediately to model the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s new vaccination and masking protocols announced on August 19, 2021, amid rising COVID-19 cases and the increasing threat of the Delta variant.
Your health and safety is our priority as is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and performing artists. We want to thank you in advance for your adherence, cooperation, and understanding, of the following policies:
Updated Vaccination and Mask Requirements
All patrons 12 and older will require proof of full vaccination (Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine). An individual is considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Proof of vaccination and matching photo ID must be presented with your ticket to the show upon entrance.
The following documentation is acceptable:
- For vaccination status:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
- A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
- For matching photo ID:
- Patrons 18+ must also present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Patrons younger than 18 may use a government-issued photo ID or school photo ID or be accompanied by an adult who provides required ID and vaccine documentation for themselves and can confirm the validity of the minor’s test results or vaccination verification.
NOTE: Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
The only exceptions to the vaccination requirement are:
- Patrons under the age of 12, who must be tested and accompanied by an adult that meets our venue’s vaccination requirements
- Patrons who need reasonable accommodations due to a medical exception or a sincerely held religious belief
Patrons who are not able to be vaccinated for one of the reasons listed above must provide one of the following instead of evidence of vaccination:
Entry will be denied for patrons who do not provide the documentation as required above.
- Negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of the performance start time, or
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time.
- COVID tests must be administered by an official testing center. Self-administered tests will not be accepted.
Masks are required from the time you enter Patterson Hall/Orr Auditorium and throughout the performance and until you are once again outdoors. This aligns with College policy.
Other Health and Safety Protocols
- Social distance whenever possible
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout Patterson Hall and Orr Lobby
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to anyone with COVID! (We will refund your ticket cost if you notify us BEFORE the event. Notifications of illness after the event will not be eligible for refunds.)
We wish to reassure you that prior to each performance our team has cleaned and sanitized public spaces throughout the venue. The HVAC system in Orr has been evaluated to ensure fresh air is introduced and the percent of outdoor air settings is adjusted to maximize the amount of fresh air movement throughout the building based on exterior conditions. High efficiency filters are utilized with frequent filter changes.
Enjoy the evening and be kind and patient with our staff, volunteer ushers and fellow patrons.
We cannot wait to once again gather with you as a community for a lovely evening in Orr Auditorium to enjoy one of life’s greatest cultural gifts—the LIVE performing arts!