Student Parking Guidelines
- You must have a decal in order to park anywhere on the campus of Westminster College.
Parking in grass areas is prohibited.
- Westminster College is a pedestrian campus. Students are expected to use their assigned areas for long-term parking and walk to classes, meals, and events. No one is permitted to park in areas for which they do not have the appropriate decal. Parking regulations apply and will be enforced, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student vehicles with parking decals will be permitted in non reserved spaces in the following parking lots - Beeghly, Shaw, Minteer, Admissions, Hoyt & Visitor Football lot - daily between the hours of 5:00 pm until 1:00 am and weekends from 5:00 pm Friday until 1:00 am Monday. Exception: Major events at McKelvey or Orr Auditorium (e.g. the Celebrity Series) when the parking lots are reserved for guests and handicapped parking, At such times, an e-mail notice will be sent or signs will be posted as notification.
- Persons accumulating three (3) or more tickets for having their vehicle parked on campus without a decal or accumulating seven (7) or more tickets for any violations in an academic year will have their on-campus parking privileges revoked and their vehicles will be towed (at operator/owner expense) each time they are found parked on campus after revocation. If a wrecker is not available, a $115.00 fine will be assessed for parking on campus while privileges are revoked.
- Decals are to be permanently affixed to the vehicle for which they are issued by using the adhesive backing to attach it to the left rear bumper or the lower left outside corner of the rear window of the vehicle.
- Each parking lot on campus has color-coded signs at the entrance advising motorists who is authorized to use the lot. Simply stated, if the color of your decal matches any of the colored triangles on the sign, you may park in the lot. If it does not, you may not park there.
The following is the breakdown of decal colors and the lots for which they are authorized:
- Orange Hang-tags: Employee's service vehicles which are exempt from Westminster College parking regulations while parking on campus in areas necessary to accomplish their work.
- Green Hang-tags: Employees or vendors. May use all parking lots except residence hall lots.
- Red Decals: Eichenauer/Russell/Berlin Village Upperclassmen. May park only in the lot adjacent to the Townhouses, the Eichenauer lot, the Russell lot, the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau) and the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Green Decals: Commuters. May park only in the Beeghly-Shaw lot, the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau), the Field House west lot (near Softball Field) and the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Teal Decals: Ferguson & Thompson House Residents. May park only in the lot adjacent to Ferguson Hall (but not on Westminster Drive), in the Physical Plant Lot, the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau) and the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Purple Decals: Shaw Upperclassmen. May park only in the Minteer lot (corner of Maple & Mercer Streets), the lower Hoyt lot, & the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Brown Decals: Browne and Galbreath residents. May park only in the eleven spaces in front of Browne Hall, the lot behind Galbreath Hall, the lot at the bottom of the hill along Westminster Drive near the bridge to the Field House, the Field House west lot (near Softball Field), the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau) and the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers. If you are unable to find a space in your designated areas, you may also park in the lot in front of Field House.
- Orange Decals: Hillside & Jeffers residents. May park only in the Hillside & Jeffers lots, the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau) and the lower football field lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Yellow Decals: All other non-reserved parking spaces on the campus. This includes the spaces on Westminster Drive (but not in the small lot near the bridge to the Field House); along College Avenue (hill from Field House toward Russell Hall); on the north side of the Field House (along the creek) (but not in front of or behind the Field House), the lower Hoyt Lot (adjacent to Phi Tau) and the lower football lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
- Black Decals: Eichenauer, Russell & Shaw First-Year residents. May park only in the lower football lot located behind the visitor bleachers and the lower tennis court lot. Additionally, this lot is open to all decal colors.
- Silver Decals: Fraternity and New Wilmington borough residents. May park in the lower Hoyt lot (adjacent to Phi Tau); and the lower football lot located behind the visitor bleachers.
Those wishing to appeal a parking ticket must do so within ten calendar days of the issuance of the ticket. Appeals must be completed and filed at the McKelvey Campus Center Information Desk. The result of a parking appeal decision is final. The following reasons will not be considered justifiable grounds for appeal.
- Parking illegally with 4-way flashers activated.
- Parking illegally for a short period of time.
- Claiming to be unaware of Westminster College parking regulations.
- A complete list of the Westminster College parking regulations can be found in the Westminster College Student Handbook and on the Westminster College website under Student Services-- Safety & Security-- Motor Vehicle Regulations at http://www.westminster.edu/student/safety/motor_regulations.cfm.