In the event of an emergency this page will provide alert information and updates regarding the incident.
The Westminster College Emergency Alert System will be used to communicate information through one or more of the following campus systems:
- Cisco IP Phones live messages with two-way intercom communication capability;
Computer generated alerts:
- An all-campus computer screen "popup" alert to all computers logged into the network;
- A yellow quote bar alert located on the College's Web Site Home Page that will contain important information during emergencies; and
- E-mails to the campus community.
- Annunciator Horns - Currently located in all residence hall main lobbies, on the Old Main Tower, and within the lower levels of Hoyt Science Center and McGill Library. Horns will provide real-time voice alerts and instructions to the campus community; and
- Bull Horns - Hand held by Public Safety personnel or Public Address systems by police for real-time voice alerts and instructions to the campus community.
The Emergency Preparedness page will be accessible from the homepage. Also, when the site-wide message is activated, a yellow-bar will appear on EVERY westminster.edu page and be linked to this page.
Students are encouraged to refer parents, guardians or other family members to the Emergency Preparedness website. The website will provide them with updated information in the event of a campus emergency.