Tuesday, September 15, 2009
To the Campus Community:
Since yesterday we have sent 4 more students home with influenza. The good news is that all of the students we sent home last week are back on campus and feeling good. As we continue to see students with influenza, it is more important than ever to do what you can to stay healthy.
The following are tips from the CDC on how to stay healthy and avoid the flu:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Also, do not forget to clean your desk with antiseptic wipes when you enter your next classroom.
If you do not want to wait until November 5, when we are offering the seasonal flu shot here at the Health Center, you can visit www.findaflushot.com to find options for getting the flu shot in this area.
Judith Duda, RN-C
Director, Student Health Center