- ECE 201 – Issues and trends in Early Childhood Education
- The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation of knowledge about the current trends and practices of early childhood education programs serving children from birth to nine years of age. Topics of study include professional development, history and theories, programming, child development and learning, inclusion and developmentally appropriate practice. Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards, Common Core Standards and NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) standards will also be examined.
- ECE 203 – Diversity and Family/School/Community Partnerships in Early Childhood Education
- The focus of this course is on understanding how families and communities are significant contexts for children’s development and school success (Weiss, Lopez, & Kreider, 2003). Based upon these insights, together we will explore ways to respect and understand diversity and to build bridges of understanding between schools, families and communities. During practicum experiences, readings, reflections, projects and class discussion we will investigate the role of the professional in supporting all families and their children.
- ECE 605 – Early Childhood PreK - 4 - Capstone
- This is the student teaching capstone experience for the pre-service teacher.