"Radio has no future."
"X-rays are clearly a hoax."
"The aeroplane is scientifically impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, Royal Society president, 1897–99)
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)!
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What 2 letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating!)
6. What 2 #s (on that same telephone dial) don't have letters by them?
7. When you walk does your right arm swing with your right or left leg?
8. How many matches are in a standard pack?
9. On USA flag, is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest # on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter?or clockwise?
12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?
15. On an NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
16. Which way do fans rotate?
17. Whose face is on a dime?
18. How many sides does a stop sign have?
19. Do books have even numbered pages on the right or left side?
20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
25. On which playing card is the card maker’s trademark?
26. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
27. On the back of a $1, what is in the center?
28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
29. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?
30. Does a merry?go?round turn counterclockwise or clockwise?
Scroll down for answers
2. 50 (please tell me you at least got this one!)
4. blue, red, white, yellow, black, and gold
5. Q, Z
6. 1, 0
11. counter (unless you happen to be south of the equator)
12. towards bottom right
13. 12 (no #1)
16. clockwise as you look at it
18. 8 (or 10?)
24. Did you notice there wasn't question #24?
25. Ace of spades
28. *, #