Is it true that hair and nails continue to grow after death?
No, they only seem to. What happens is the body dries out after death and the skin recedes from the hair and nails, making it appear as if they are longer. In fact, even though hair is not technically "living," hair and nail cells still need to be nourished by blood in order to grow.
REL 107: midterm exam
The midterm exam will take ca. 40 minutes:
1) terms (40%): identify 10 of 12 terms for which a brief description will be given (a list of all the terms will be provided)
2) passage identifications (30%): identify the book of the Bible from which a passage is quoted
3) several short-answer questions (30%): you may be given some options from which to choose
1. Materials covered through week 7 (focus on significant issues, especially as presented and discussed in class):
review the texts assigned in the Project / texts column on the syllabus
Gundry chs. 1–10major literary forms/genres
be able to compare Pharisees, Sadducees & Essenes; concept of
tradition and "biography"
Synoptic Gospels; 2-Source Hypothesis (= Mark-Q Hypothesis); Griesbach Hypothesis; Farrer Theory
distinctive features and (theological) tendencies of each Synoptic Gospel: be able to compare
Gospel According to John
NB: Focus on mastering the content, characteristic features, and (theological) themes of each Gospel (e.g., a general awareness of the issues regarding authorship and the date and place of writing will suffice).
Gundry's online resources would be helpful for review.
2. highlighted terms on the R-drive