1) Terms (60%): identify 10 of 12 terms for which a brief description will be given (a list of all the terms will be provided)
2) Short-answer questions (40%): several short-answer questions
1. Materials covered through week 4, including the summer reading (focus on significant issues in the assigned readings)
2. Sample questions you should be ready to answer:
1) What is liberal arts education? (e.g., Newman, Shapiro, WC mission statement)
How do the following texts interrelate, and how do they relate to some
of the goals of Inquiry (N.B.: this assumes your knowledge of some of
the goals of Inquiry):
3) What is critical thinking? Why is it important? What 3 texts speak to this issue? How so?
4) What does seeing have to do with epistemology?