1) Terms (70%): identify 10 of 12 terms for which a brief description will be given (a list of all the terms will be provided)
2) Short-answer questions (30%): several short-answer questions
1. Materials covered through week 5, including (focus on significant issues in the assigned readings)
2. Sample questions you should be
ready to answer:
is liberal arts education? (e.g., Newman, Shapiro, WC mission statement)
2) How do the following texts interrelate, and how do they relate to some of the goals of Inquiry (NB: this assumes your knowledge of some of the goals of Inquiry):
• Blind Men and the Elephant
• Calandra's "Angels on a Pin"
• Plato's "Allegory of the Cave"
3) What is critical thinking? Why is it important? What 3 texts speak to this issue? How so?
4) What does seeing have to do with epistemology?
5) What critical questions arise from juxtaposing Rachels and Miner?
6) In Menkiti, what is the contrast between a minimal and a maximal "definition of the person"?
highlighted terms on the R-drive