Honors INQ 111: Quiz 1
1) Terms (70%): identify 10 of 12 terms for which a brief description will be given (a list of all the terms will be provided)
2) Short-answer questions (30%): several short-answer questions
1. Materials from week 1 through 7 Oct (focus on significant issues in the assigned readings)
2. Sample questions you should be ready to answer:
1) What is
liberal arts education? (e.g., Newman, Shapiro, WC mission
2) How do the following texts interrelate, and how do they relate to some of the goals of Inquiry (NB: this assumes your knowledge of some of the goals of Inquiry):
• Blind Men and the Elephant
• Calandra's "Angels on a Pin"
• Plato's "Allegory of the Cave"
3) What is critical thinking? Why is it important? What 3 texts speak to this issue? How so?
4) What does seeing have to do with epistemology?
5) What critical questions arise from juxtaposing Rachels and Miner?
highlighted terms on