CS341 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach,
Russell and Norvig
The objective of this course is to survey some of the important areas of
artificial intelligence. The rational agent approach will drive our study of this topic. This approach
views the major goal of AI as the creation of rational agents which interact with their environment in a same
manner that a rational human being would. Throughout the course we will examine the components of a
rational agent and the various approaches which can be used to produce rational behavior. In addition, we will
consider methods which allow agents to learn and improve their behavior.
- learn various search methods as problem-solving tools.
- learn the basics of predicate and first-order logic and their use in creating logic agents.
- learn various methods for agents to learn and improve how they behave.
- students will be able to explain the various types of search strategies used by rational agents.
- students will be able to create rational agents that can react to other adversarial agents.
- students will be able to create various types of rational agents which learn from experience.
- Homework 1. Due Sept. 4
- Homework 2. Due Sept. 11
- Homework 3. Due Sept. 18