Physics 142: Foundations of Physics
- Hoyt 116
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- 9:20-10:20 a.m.
- Course Syllabus
- Hoyt 104
- 7:40-10:40 p.m.
- 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- The textbook is available in print form at the campus bookstore. It is also available for free and legal download on campus and to the whole world directly from the publisher. Note that the web view uses a different numbering of the problem sets than the print and pdf (which I use when selecting and assigning the homework.) Note also that the PDF file is LARGE so please save it and open it directly using Adobe Reader.
- Authors: Urone, Hinrichs, Dirks, and Sharma
- Title: College Physics
- Edition: 1st
- Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
- Publisher: OpenStax College
- Solutions to some textbook problems are available from the publisher.
- Some useful interactive physics simulations from the repository at The University of Colorado at Boulder. You will need a current version of java to run them. They are free to share but not to sell.
- A game that uses charged objects to move a charged puck around.
- An interactive simulator of electric fields.
- An interactive simulator of DC circuits:
- An interactive simulator of electromagnetic waves radiating from a moving charged particle:
- A neat video of a battery's innards while being charged.