Physics 141: Foundations of Physics
- Hoyt 116
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- 9:20-10:20 a.m.
- Course Syllabus
- Hoyt 104
- 7:40-10:40 a.m.
- 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- The textbook is available in print form at the campus bookstore. It is also available for free and legal download on campus and to the whole world directly from the publisher. Note that the web view uses a different numbering of the problem sets than the print and pdf (which I use when selecting and assigning the homework.) Note also that the PDF file is LARGE so please save it and open it directly using Adobe Reader.
- Authors: Urone, Hinrichs, Dirks, and Sharma
- Title: College Physics
- Edition: 1st
- Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
- Publisher: OpenStax College
- The publisher provides a number of resources directly, including a Student Solutions Manual
- Some interesting and readable reports of physics research.
- This is my first time teaching this course so I have no old exams to share. You might consider looking at the calculus based Physics 151 course webpages to see examples of tests I have given in that course.
- Here are solutions to some practice questions in prep for exam 2.
- Some suggested problems to consider for chapters 11-15.