Monday, September 2, 2013
Audio Visual Services is accepting nominations for the Service and Support Award, presented annually during AV Week, which is October 12 - 19. Any Westminster College alumni can be nominated for this prestigious award, which has been honoring Westminster's hardworking alumni for seven years. To nominate a qualified individual for this honor, please use our nomination form. Nomination deadline is September 27, 2013.
"The winners of this award inspire us to perform service above self through their commitment to the college's mission long after their graduation," shared the department's Director, Gary Swanson. "It's something we look forward to every year, especially as it provides a tremendous example for our department. Our staff in AV continually strive to achieve that level of excellence."
- Provide extraordinary service beyond their basic job description
- Provide superior sustained service or a special one-time contribution to the mission of their place of employment
- Continually contribute to a respectful, diverse, and collaborative work environment
- Exhibit exceptional resourcefulness, innovation, and creativity
- Exemplify excellence and integrity in workplace relationships, interactions, and decision making
Past winners of the Service and Support Award include:
2012 Jesse Ligo, Jr. (82) - Professor of Accounting, Westminster College
2011 Darwin Huey ('74) - Professor of Education, Westminster College
2010 Todd Hervey ('94) - Co-Owner/Producer, Fuel Creative Inc.
2009 Betsy Nolan Sieg ('07) - Purchasing Manager, Metro Bank
2008 Denny Wolfe ('97) - Feature Segment Producer, ESPN
2007 Mark Slezak ('87) - Educator, Hermitage School District
Further details can be found here, or by contacting the department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 724-946-7188.