In the News
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - The 108th New Wilmington Mission Conference (NWMC) will be held at Westminster College July 20-26.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Dr. Robert Zorn `64, director of Westminster College's Graduate School, had an article published in the summer edition of the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) Review.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Three Westminster College early childhood/special education majors, who graduated in May, participated in three Bridges to Reading parent-teacher discussions at Campbell Elementary School in Ohio during the Spring 2013 semester.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Dr. Andrew Ade, Westminster College associate professor of English, has written a play that will be staged July 25, 27 and 28 at the Midtown International Theater Festival in New York City.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Two students have been added to the Spring 2013 Dean's List at Westminster College. One student has been added to both the Fall and Spring Dean's List.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College hosted more than 200 students from 17 area high schools for the fifth annual Model United Nations (UN) Conference April 30.
The following list of internship opportunities, employers, and contact information is provided for your convenience. Please contact the Career Center at (724) 946-7339 for additional information.
The Titan Employment Bulletin will now be accessible 24/7 with on-campus job postings daily!
Go to http://www.westminster.edu/resources/career/student_emp/student_emp_overview.cfm.
To see local full-time positions go to https://www.westminster.edu/resources/career/career_employment_bulletin.cfm.
WTAE Sales and Marketing Internship (Pittsburgh) - Email
Jenesis Magazine Journalism Internship (Pittsburgh) - Email
Penguins Radio Internship (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
L.B. Foster Company Human Resource Intern (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Canton Charge Marketing/Sales/Communications or Operations Internships (Canton, Ohio) - Apply here
Part-Time Employment/Summer Employment:
American Eagle Outfitters Sales and Stock Associates (Grove City) - (724) 748-4744
Chipotle Crew Member (Hermitage) - Apply here
Southwestern Pennsylvania Goodwill (Various locations) - Apply here
Thomas & Betts Photographer (Mercer) - (724) 662-6344
River's Casino (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
LOFT Store Associates and Sales Lead (Mall at Robinson) - Apply here
Brightside Academy Assistant and Lead Teachers (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Huntington Bank Summer Clerical Position (New Castle) - Email
Cedar Point Park Ambassadors (Sandusky, Ohio) - Apply here
The Conneaut Hotel Summer Positions (Conneaut Lake) - Email
July 22: Summer Session Ends
Aug. 21: New Faculty Orientation
Aug. 22: Faculty Workshop, Faculty photos from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Please call Communication Services at 724-946-7190 to let us know you would like to have your photo taken.)
Aug. 23 - 26: First-Year Orientation for students
Aug. 27: Fall classes begin
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Red, White, and Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
8 sheets phyllo dough
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup strawberry jelly
1 cup heavy cream, whipped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. On a flat surface, place one sheet of phyllo dough. Brush it with melted butter, and cover with another piece of phyllo. Repeat until all 8 sheets are used. Using kitchen scissors, cut layered phyllo into a 12- to 13-inch circle. Carefully press circle into a greased 9-inch pie plate; gently fan edges. Bake in preheated oven until edges are just golden, 6 to 8 minutes; cool slightly on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until well combined. Fold in 1 cup of blueberries. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until set, 40 to 50 minutes. To prevent the crust from over-browning, gently cover pie with foil for the last 25 minutes of baking. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. In a small bowl, beat jelly until smooth; spread over cheese filling. Arrange 1 cup blueberries on top in a star pattern.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Where liberty dwells, there is my country.
~ As quoted by Benjamin Franklin on quotegarden.com.
About The Westminster Weekly
Editor: Alyssa Ludwiczak
Westminster College's weekly newsletter is published online by the Office of Communication Services (724-946-7190).
Please send information through e-mail to Alyssa Ludwiczak.