In the News
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Four Westminster College students were awarded master of education degrees at Commencement exercises May 19.
Four years ago a tradition began that continued on May 17 when a dozen advanced placement (AP) biology students from Neshannock High School spent the day at the Westminster College Field Station studying the Little Neshannock Creek. The teacher of AP biology is Nancy Blank `89, who believes that the best laboratory for studying the chemistry and biology of water is outdoors.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College's Audio Visual (AV) Services hosted an electronics recycling drive April 20 that netted more than 13,000 pounds of recycled electronics, slightly besting their previous record drive in the spring of 2012, and bringing the total weight of recycled e-waste from the bi-annual drives to more than 70,000 pounds.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Katie Farley, a senior biochemistry major, received the Westminster College 2013 AudioVisual (AV) Award.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - First Book-Westminster will distribute 900 new, free books to three literacy programs that serve children in need in Lawrence and Mercer counties.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College's annual Relay for Life raised more than $19,000 at the May 4 event.
Westminster College Early Childhood Education Majors Participated in African American Read-In in FarrellMonday, May 20, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Eighteen Westminster College early childhood education/special education majors participated in February in the 24th National African- American Read-In at Farrell Elementary School.
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - More than 300 students earned diplomas during the 159th annual Westminster College commencement ceremonies Saturday.
The following list of internship opportunities, employers, and contact information is provided for your convenience. Please contact the Career Center at (724) 946-7339 for additional information.
The Titan Employment Bulletin will now be accessible 24/7 with on-campus job postings daily!
Go to http://www.westminster.edu/resources/career/career_employment_bulletin.cfm.
Keystone Blind Association Marketing/Business Intern (Sharon) - Email
Sage Data Service Research Intern (Youngstown, Ohio) - Email
IPEG, Inc. HR Intern (Franklin) - Email
Sherwin Williams Business Intern (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Seneca Resources Corporation Communications/Public Affairs Inern (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Family House Development and Event Intern (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Part-Time Employment/Summer Employment:
Lake Erie Nature and Science Center Education Information & Program Specialist - Email
Seven Springs Summer Employment - Pick up an application in the Career Center
The Loft Store Associate - (Robinson Mall) - Apply here
Babysitter (New Castle) - Call Danielle Garmsky at (724) 944-6378
Westminster College Summer Lifeguard - Call Tammy Swearingen at (724) 946-7320
Cedar Point Park Ambassadors - Apply here
The Conneaut Hotel Summer Employment - Email
Watson Institute Summer Jobs - Apply here
American Eagle Outfitters Sales and Stock Associates (Grove City) - (724) 748-4744
Chipotle Crew Member (Hermitage) - Apply here
First Alliance Church Worship Leader (New Castle) - Email
Huntington Bank Summer Clerical Position (New Castle) - Email
Brightside Academy Assistant and Lead Teachers (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
ALUMNI EVENTS - SAVE THE DATE!
Lawrence-Mercer-Clarion and Pittsburgh Young Alumni Events, Classes 1997-2012:
- Monday, June 3, 6-8 p.m. - Rachel's Roadhouse, Mercer
- Saturday, June 8, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Olive or Twist, Pittsburgh; hosted by Jeff Prunzik `91 (owner)
- May 24: Summer housing opens
- May 27: College is closed in honor of Memorial Day
- June 10 - July 22: Summer Session
- Aug. 21: New Faculty Orientation
- Aug. 22: Faculty Workshop, Faculty photos from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Please call Communication Services at 724-946-7190 to let us know you would like to have your photo taken.)
- Aug. 23 - 26: First-Year Orientation for students
- Aug. 27: Fall classes begin
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Memorial Day Cream Cheese Dipped Strawberries
3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2-4 Tbsp. milk
red, white and blue sprinkles
1. Wash strawberries and dry with a paper towel. Leave stems on.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. It should be thin enough to dip, but also thick enough to set on the strawberries.
3. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl.
4. Holding the stem, dip each strawberry into the sweetened cream cheese mixture. Make sure the berries are well-coated with the cream cheese mixture, but leave about 1/4 of the berry tops showing.
5. Gently roll berries in sprinkles to coat on all sides.
5. Place on a serving plate or in a plastic container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
~ As quoted by George William Curtis on brainyquote.com
About The Westminster Weekly
Editor: Alyssa Ludwiczak
Westminster College's weekly newsletter is published online by the Office of Communication Services (724-946-7190).
Please send information through e-mail to Alyssa Ludwiczak.