In the NewsPrinter Friendly Version
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College students spent an afternoon in September harvesting corn at Apple Castle as part of the "Performing Peace" ...
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - David Harms, president and founder of the i58.10 Media Company and a 1984 Westminster College graduate, has earned the 2013 Service and Support Award from Westmi...
Friday, November 1, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Dr. Robert W. Nairn, professor at the University of Oklahoma (OU), will present "Reversing the Irreversible: Passive Treatment of Mine Waters in a Drastically Disturbed W...
The following list of internship opportunities, employers, and contact information is provided for your convenience. Please contact the Career Center at 724-946-7339 for additional information.
Westminster Preschool - Contact Debi Roud at 724-946-7356 or Darlene Ann McCoy at 724-946-7356
Academic Affairs - Contact Gabe Budai at 724-946-7122
Information Systems (Various Positions) - Contact Kailen Fiedler at 724-946-6352
Athletics Department Work Study - Contact Tammy Swearingen at 724-946-7320
Theatre (Various Positions) - Contact Paula Ferguson at 724-946-7236
View the Titan Bulletin to see local full-time positions. Click here.
Magee-Womens Research Institute Summer Internship - Contact Kelli Lazar at 412-641-6052
Duquesne University 2014 Research Program - Apply here
National Aviary Internship (Pittsburgh) - Email
GNC Marketing Events Intern - Apply here
Westinghouse Corporation Non-Technical Internship (Cranberry Township) - Apply here
GEO Group Inc. Offender Re-Entry Program Internship (Ebensburg) - Apply here
Erie Times-News Editorial Internship - Email
Private Math Tutor (New Wilmington) - Email
Nine West Outlet Store Sales Associate (Grove City) - Apply in person
New Wilmington United Methodist Church Christian Education Director - Email
The North Face Sales Associate (Grove City) - Apply here
Arrow Electric, Inc. Accounts Payable Clerk - Contact Justine Parcher at 724-646-1903
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Grove City) - 724-748-4952
Word of Life Family Church Sunday Youth Program - 724-654-9652
The Tavern on the Square (New Wilmington) - 724-946-2020
Old Navy (Grove City) - 724-748-5726
American Eagle Outfitters Sales and Stock Associate - 724-748-4744
CHARITABLE IRA ROLLOVER EXTENDED - TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON THIS SPECIAL GIVING OPPORTUNITY!
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 extended the Charitable IRA Rollover as an important giving option for donors 70.5 years or older. Qualified charitable distributions may be made from traditional or Roth individual retirement accounts without paying taxes on distributions - but the provision is scheduled to expire on Dec. 31, 2013.
- The donor must be 70.5 years or older at the time of the contribution.
- The gift may be any amount up to $100,000.
- The gift must be completed by Dec. 31, 2013 to qualify as a 2013 donation.
- The charitable distribution IRA rollover gift counts towards your minimum required distribution for the year.
- IRA rollover gifts can be made to the designation of your choice.
Consult your IRA custodian to transfer your desired gift amount to Westminster. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction. As always, we encourage you to consult with your tax adviser if you are contemplating a gift under this provision.
OFFICE OF FAITH AND SPIRITUALITY CHAPEL SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
Friday, Nov. 8
11:40 a.m. - Open Door Reflection - Amber Hill (East Palestine, OH) Mathematics - Wallace Memorial Chapel
Monday, Nov. 11
11:40 a.m. - Veterans Day Celebration Featuring Capt. Erin Holiday - Orr Auditorium
Friday, Nov. 15
11:40 a.m. - Open Door Reflection - Erin Gerst (Bethel Park, PA) Early Childhood/Special Education - Wallace Memorial Chapel
Contact the Office of Faith and Spirituality at 724-946-7117 for more information on services or upcoming Chapel events.
UPCOMING CAMPUS ACTIVITIES
Bugs and Bunnies: A Print Installation (Open and free to the public)
Today through Friday, Dec. 13
Foster Art Gallery, Patterson Hall
Alumni Bios Now Available Online. Click Here.
SAVE THE DATE - WEAR WESTMINSTER DAY
Wear your Titan gear and colors with pride Jan. 21 in honor of the founding of Westminster College in 1852. To gear up for the day the Titan Gift Shop is having an alumni discount online-shopping day Tuesday, Nov. 12.
Alumni, friends and students can receive a 20 percent discount on clothing in-store during the following dates/times:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 2
10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 9 and Friday, Dec. 13
8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.,Moonlight Sale, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 20 percent discount on all purchases excluding textbooks
UPCOMING ALUMNI ACTIVITIES
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 - Erie-area alumni happy hour gathering at Firebirds, 680 Millcreek Mall, Erie, Pa., 16565; 5:30-7:30 p.m.; hosted by the Erie Regional Alumni Committee; cash bar.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 - Lawrence-Mercer-Clarion and Youngstown-area alumni and families of current Westminster students Christmas Vespers Luncheon; 1 p.m., $19 per adult, $16 Westminster students and $10 children under 12 years buffet dinner; John S. Witherspoon Room, McKelvey Campus Center; Christmas Vespers; 3 p.m.; Orr Auditorium
- Saturday, Dec. 14 - Lawrence-Mercer-Clarion-area alumni Kraynak's Holiday Display special tour; 8 a.m.; no long lines, beat the crowds, special Westminster goodie bags for children; Kraynak's in Hermitage, Pa.
For additional information contact Cindy Dafler '03, assistant director of alumni relations, at 724-946-7373 or email.
STEPHEN J. BRADY STOP HUNGER SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
Sodexo Foundation is accepting applications for the Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarship program through Dec. 5. Through scholarship awards, Sodexo Foundation recognizes and rewards students who are driving awareness and mobilizing youth to be catalysts for innovative models and solutions to eliminate hunger across the country. Scholarship recipients each receive $5,000 for their education and a matching $5,000 grant for the hunger-related charity of their choice.
Additionally, Sodexo Foundation offers $500 Youth Grants for youth-led service projects that bring together young people, families, Sodexo employees and other community members to address childhood hunger during Global Youth Service Day April 11-13, 2014. The application period closes Jan. 31, 2014.
Please visit www.SodexoFoundation.org for official rules and the application.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
About The Westminster Weekly
Editor: Alyssa Ludwiczak
Westminster College's weekly newsletter is published online by the Office of Communication Services (724-946-7190).
Please send information through e-mail to Alyssa Ludwiczak.