In the NewsPrinter Friendly Version
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Theatre Westminster will present Stop Kiss April 11-14 in Beeghly Theater.
Stop Kiss is a warm an...
Westminster College Hosts Accounting Professional Speaker Series, Welcomes Jennifer Cidila of Carbis Walker FirmWednesday, April 3, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Jennifer Cidila, CPA and partner at Carbis Walker, LLC, spoke to Westminster College senior accounting students as part of the Westminster Professional Speakers Series in March.<...
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Bethann Dolan, a 1991 Westminster College graduate, will give the 26th annual Wayne H. Christy Lecture during Vespers Sunday, April 7more
Westminster College Department of Economics and Business to Host Alumni Panel and Networking SessionTuesday, April 2, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College's Department of Economics and Business will host an Alumni Panel for students Saturday, April 13, at the McKelvey Ca...
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Students from area middle and senior high schools competed in the regional History Day competition at Westminster College March 21.
Monday, April 1, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Dr. Leslie Kealhofer, Westminster College visiting assistant professor of French, will present at the Faires Faculty Forum Wednesday, Ap...
Thursday, March 28, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Erin Smith, Westminster College director of library services, and Jamie Kohler, cataloging and collection management librarian, have been named ...
Thursday, March 28, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - The Westminster College Department of Psychology will host Dr. Mary Torregrossa for a presentation on drug addiction Thursday, April 4, at
Thursday, March 28, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Dr. R. Tad Greig, Westminster College associate professor of music, director of instrumental activities and chair of the department, was a guest conductor for th...
Thursday, March 28, 2013
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - Westminster College student Steven Totin, a junior fine art major, was awarded a merit scholarship to attend Ox-Bow during the summer of 2013.
The following list of internship opportunities, employers, and contact information is provided for your convenience. Please contact the Career Center at (724) 946-7339 for additional information.
The Titan Employment Bulletin will now be accessible 24/7 with on-campus job postings daily!
Go to http://www.westminster.edu/resources/career/career_employment_bulletin.cfm.
A representative from Enterprise Rent-A-Car will be on campus Wednesday, April 10, to interview students for internship opportunities. Interested candidates should send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 4 to be considered for an interview.
Alcoa Corporate Development Intern (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Ameriprise Financial Services Intern (Hermitage) - Email
Calgon Carbon Corporation Intern for Quality Assurance or Marketing (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Charleroi Regional Police Department Office Intern - Apply here
PPG Chemistry Internships - Apply here
Deloitte Tax LLP Tax Consultant (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
ERT Accounting Internship (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
FedEx Accounting, Business and Finance Internship (Coraopolis) - Apply here
First National Bank Credit Support Department Intern - (Hermitage) - Email
ModCloth Product Manager Internship (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Pennsylvania Family Institute Government Relations Summer Internship (Harrisburg) - Email
Pro Sports Hockey Radio Internship - Apply here
Seneca Resources Corporation Accounting Intern (Pittsburgh) - Email
Sports Journalist Internship (Pittsburgh) - Apply here
Steelite International Graphic Designer Intern (New Castle) - Email
Sweetwater Center for the Arts Marketing Intern (Sewickley) - Email
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Human Resources Intern - Apply here
The Pennsylvania Historical Museum Commission Internships (Harrisburg) - Email
West Penn Allegheny Health System Media Relations Internship (Pittsburgh) - Email
Westinghouse Electric Company Internships (Various opportunities and locations) - Apply here
Wish Designs USA, LLC Marketing/Design Intern (New Castle) - Email
Part-Time Employment/Summer Employment:
American Eagle Outfitters Sales and Stock Associates (Grove City) - Call (724) 748-4744
Cedar Point Park Ambassadors - Apply here
Krislund Camp & Conference Center Camp Counselors - Apply here
Seven Springs Part-time and Summer Employment - Application available in the Career Center
The Conneaut Hotel Banquet/Wedding Servers, Bartenders and Cleaning Staff - Email
THE CHARITABLE IRA ROLLOVER EXTENDED!
When Congress passed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, a special benefit was included extending the Charitable IRA Rollover provision which allows the use of IRA funds for charitable purposes.
- The donor must be 70.5 years or older
- The gift cannot be more than $100,000
- The gift must be completed by December 31, 2013 to qualify as a 2013 donation
- The charitable distribution counts toward minimum required distributions
The funds must be transferred directly from the IRA Custodian to Westminster College.Consult with your tax professional if you are contemplating a gift under this provision. Contact your IRA custodian to transfer your desired gift amount to Westminster College. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction.
- Sunday, April 14 - Lancaster and Harrisburg area alumni reception hosted by Judd and Peggy Edmonds McConnell '55 '55 in their home with special guest President Rick Dorman; 3-5 p.m.; reservations due April 5; click here to make your reservation online.
- Saturday, April 27 - Lawrence-Mercer-Clarion area alumni dinner and Celebrity Series performance of Yesterday Once More hosted by Karen Campman Emmett '75, chair, and members of the Lawrence-Mercer-Clarion Regional Alumni committee; dinner at 6 p.m. in Lakeview Dining Room, McKelvey Campus Center and performance at 7:30 p.m. in Orr Auditorium. Cost for dinner only is $15 and dinner and tickets for Yesterday Once More are $49 per person. Reservations due April 15; click here to make your reservation online.
For additional information, contact Cindy Dafler '03, assistant director of alumni relations, (724) 946-7373 or email.
There will be a Westminster College Campus/Community Blood Drive April 11 from 1-6 p.m. in the Campus Center on the first floor in the Student Lounge. To make an appointment to donate live-saving blood call Kathleen Johnson at (412) 818-6827.
SENIOR SALUTE 2013
Jostens Ring Day is April 4 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. in the TUB.
TAKE BACK THE NIGHT EVENTS
The purpose of Take Back the Night Events is to raise awareness about violence and sexual assault. Several events will take place TONIGHT (April 3).
- Crisis Shelter Speaker - Wallace Memorial Chapel at 6:30 p.m.
- Candlelight Vigil - On the quad at 7:30 p.m.
- Titan Radio 12 hour Take Back the Night Broadcast - Starting at 8 p.m.
WAYNE H. CHRISTY ANNUAL MEMORIAL LECTURE
Bethann Dolan, a 1991 Westminster College graduate, will give the 26th annual Wayne H. Christy Lecture during Vespers Sunday, April 7, at 7 p.m. in Westminster's Wallace Memorial Chapel. The service is free to the public.
Contact Westminster's Office of Faith and Spirituality at (724) 946-7117 for additional information.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Spring Lime Tea Cookies
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the 2 teaspoons of lime juice with the milk, let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the lime zest and milk mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, blend into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the glaze, stir together the remaining lime juice and sugar. Brush onto cooled cookies.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
~George Edward Woodberry as quoted on brainyquote.com
About The Westminster Weekly
Editor: Alyssa Ludwiczak
Westminster College's weekly newsletter is published online by the Office of Communication Services (724-946-7190).
Please send information through e-mail to Alyssa Ludwiczak.