Apply to Westminster CollegeApply
Schedule a VisitVisit
Give to Westminster CollegeGive
Schedule a VisitSearch

Athletic Resources

Facilities


One of the benefits enjoyed by Westminster student-athletes is access to outstanding athletic facilities on campus.These facilities provide Titan athletes with a competitive edge as they prepare for each season:

 

Memorial Field House

Memorial Field HouseThe main athletic facility on campus, Memorial Field House sits adjacent to Lake Brittain and is a memorial to Westminster men who served and died in World Wars I & II. Built in 1950, it is currently in its third renovation, with the new Mansell Educational Wing being added during the 1999-2000 academic year. The new wing features an expanded lobby area, new offices, a hospitality room with kitchen, and a pair of technologically-enhanced "smart classrooms." The new James F. Edwards wing on the east side of the Field House was dedicated in the fall of 2001, featuring five new locker rooms, a large visiting area that can be subdivided, three staff locker rooms, a storage/visiting training area, a restroom, and a lobby. The Grover Washabaugh lobby was dedicated in honor of the former Titan basketball coach (1937-56) and athletic director in the fall of 2002.

Buzz Ridl GymnasiumThe Field House also features the following areas: Buzz Ridl Gymnasium — Home to the Titan basketball and volleyball programs, the main gymnasium seats 2,300 fans for varsity events. An auxiliary gym is directly adjacent to the main gym to allow flexibility in scheduling for all teams and includes indoor batting cages for baseball and softball. The gym was dedicated in honor of the late C.G. "Buzz Ridl, former men's basketball coach at athletic director, in 1996.

Westminster NatatoriumWestminster Natatorium — The Titan swimming teams compete in the Westminster Natatorium, which is also available to the campus community for leisure swimming.Completed as an addition to the Field House in 1975, the Natatorium features a six-lane pool with electronic timers and a spectator gallery.

Physical Fitness CenterPhysical Fitness Center — Completed in 1994, the fitness center provides all students, including varsity athletes, with a state-of-the-art weight and fitness training facility. The center features a large free weight section, as well as over 40 pieces of selectorized and aerobic equipment.

The Field House also features an advanced training room for varsity athletes, two racquetball courts, as well as complete locker and shower facilities.

 

Burry Stadium/Memorial Field

Burry Stadium/Memorial FieldThe most significant renovation project in the 58-year history of Memorial Field took place in the summer of 2008 with the installation of synthetic FieldTurf and lighting as part of a $1.7 million project that will include the Joseph B. Fusco Plaza and an entrance terrace named in memory of the late Jerry C. Neff.

The home of Titan football home games since 1950, Memorial Field was constructed at the same time as Memorial Field House. Both are named in honor of men from Westminster College who died in World Wars I & II.
Directly adjacent to the Field House and sitting just north of Brittain Lake on the Westminster campus, the field has been the home of six national championship teams and was the site of the 1988 NAIA Division II National Championship game, won by the Titans over Wisconsin-LaCrosse, 21-14.

In 1997, the entire complex was dedicated and named in honor of the late Dr. Harold Burry. Burry, a 1935 Westminster graduate, served as head football coach from 1952-71 with a career record of 127-31-5. He was inducted into the inaugural divisional class of the College Football Hall of Fame in 1996.

The stadium underwent a renovation in 1997, as a donation by Westminster trustee Jim Dewar and his family resulted in the refurbishment of the bleachers and construction of a new press box. Also, a new track was installed in 2001 through a gift from the Hoyt Foundation in New Castle. In 2005, a new scoreboard was installed.

Burry Stadium seats 4,500 fans.

 

Old 77

The long-time home of Titan basketball dating back almost 100 years, Old 77 gymnasium has been renovated to serve as an intramural and varsity practice gymnasium. The facility, which features an indoor running track, is named in honor of the Titan men's basketball team, which won 77 consecutive home games there over a 10-year span before moving to Memorial Field House in 1951.In the fall of 2003, the Marjorie A. Walker Recreation Center was dedicated in Old 77, which includes a wide variety of recreational and aerobic equipment as well as a dance studio and table tennis.

Old 77A new varsity soccer field opened on campus in the fall of 2001, while improvements to the campus softball field and baseball field took place in the summers of 2002 and 2003, respectively. The College also has 10 varsity tennis courts, a cross country course, and varsity practice/intramural fields.

 

Related Links


NCAA

Conference

Campus Media

Media Covering Westminster Sports

D3 Family Websites

Sport Specific

Social Media and More

Recreation Schedule


Download Schedule

 

Directions & Lodging