Saturday, October 5, 2013
WASHINGTON, Pa. - The Westminster College women's tennis team won, 8-1, at Washington & Jefferson on Saturday. The Titans remained unbeaten and improved to 13-0 overall and 9-0 in the Presidents' Athletic Conference. W&J dropped to 7-6 overall and 3-4 in the conference.
Titan senior Heather Santa (Butler, PA / Butler) won in straight sets at no. 4 singles, 6-0, 6-0. Westminster senior Caitie Hosler (Lititz, PA / Manheim Central) won 6-1, 6-1 at no. 1 singles and teamed with freshman Mariah Turiano (Hollidaysburg, PA / Hollidaysburg) and won 8-1 at no. 1 doubles.
Westminster will travel to Franciscan (Ohio) on Saturday with a starting time of 2 p.m.
1. Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Courtney Brennan (W&J) 6-1, 6-1
2. Mariah Turiano (WES) def. Grace McCarthy (W&J) 6-3, 6-0
3. Sydney Sterner (WES) def. Jenna Supp (W&J) 6-3, 6-4
4. Heather Santa (WES) def. Kathryn Mioduszewski (W&J) 6-0, 6-0
5. Brianna Morrison (W&J) def. Lauren Fling (WES) 6-3, 7-5 (6-0)
6. Christijana Vucenovic (WES) def. Kelly Capone (W&J) 6-0, 6-2
1. Caitlin Hosler/Mariah Turiano (WES) def. Courtney Brennan/Grace McCarthy (W&J) 8-1
2. Heather Santa/Lauren Fling (WES) def. Jenna Supp/Kathryn Mioduszewski (W&J) 8-2
3. Maria Pallone/Sydney Sterner (WES) def. Brianna Morrison/Laura Lee (W&J) 8-1
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top-tier liberal arts college and a national leader in graduation rate performance, according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 378 Colleges" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 41 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.