Monday, September 17, 2012
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - The Westminster College women's tennis team stayed undefeated on the season with its third-straight shutout on Monday. The Titans blanked Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) foe Thiel, 9-0, at home. Westminster improved to 7-0 overall and 3-0 in the PAC, while the Tomcats dropped to 2-6 overall and 1-3 in the conference.
Earning shutouts for Westminster was senior Alex Bailey (Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regional) at no. 1 singles, junior Heather Santa (Butler, PA / Butler) at no. 4 singles, and all three doubles.
The Titans are back on the courts Friday as they host Pitt-Bradford at 4 p.m.
1. Alex Bailey (WES) def. Shay Kashey (THI) 6-0, 6-0
2. Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Lauren Mittner (THI) 6-1, 6-1
3. Jane Larson (WES) def. S. Dudics-Giagnocavo (THI) 6-0, 6-1
4. Heather Santa (WES) def. Elizabeth Moir (THI) 6-0, 6-0
5. Lauren Fling (WES) def. Sandy Rodeheaver (THI) 6-1, 6-2
6. Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Mercedez Quarles (THI) 6-3, 6-0
1. Alex Bailey/Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Shay Kashey/Lauren Mittner (THI) 8-0
2. Heather Santa/Lauren Fling (WES) def. S. Dudics-Giagnocavo/Tyler Fleming (THI) 8-0
3. Jane Larson/Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Elizabeth Moir/Sandy Rodeheaver (THI) 8-0
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top-tier liberal arts college and a national leader in graduation rate performance, according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 377 Colleges" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 42 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.