Saturday, February 26, 2011
NEW CASTLE, Pa. - The Westminster College men's tennis team opened its 2011 season with a 7-2 nonconference loss to Penn State-Altoona Saturday. The match was held indoors at the North Beaver Tennis Center in New Castle.
The Titans are 0-1 on the season and the Lions are 1-0. Westminster travels to Edinboro Sunday at 2 p.m.
Penn State-Altoona 7, Westminster 2
Feb 26, 2011 at New Castle, Pa.
1. Nicolas Navarre (PSA) def. Nathan Huber (WES) 6-2, 6-1
2. Stephen Dull (PSA) def. Derek Fredrickson (WES) 6-2, 6-0
3. Drew Trifelos (WES) def. Benjamin Heidorn (PSA) 6-4, 6-2
4. Sean Black (WES) def. Michael Reinhardt (PSA) 6-3, 7-5
5. Jarred Sutton (PSA) def. Ryan Carr (WES) 6-3, 6-4
6. Aaron Gray (PSA) def. Brad Thomas (WES) 6-2, 6-1
1. Nicolas Navarre/Michael Reinhardt (PSA) def. Nathan Huber/Ryan Carr (WES) 8-3
2. Stephen Dull/Benjamin Heidorn (PSA) def. Derek Fredrickson/Brad Thomas (WES) 8-3
3. Jarred Sutton/Ian Hochberger (PSA) def. Drew Trifelos/Sean Black (WES) 8-6
WESTMINSTER PLAYERS: Sean Black, So. (Aurora, Ohio/Aurora); Ryan Carr, Fr. (Cheektowaga, N.Y./Cheektowaga Central); Derek Fredrickson, Jr. (Grove City, Pa./Grove City); Nathan Huber, Fr. (Highland, Md./River Hill); Brad Thomas, So. (Warren, Ohio/Champion); Drew Trifelos, Jr. (Newark, Ohio/Granville Christian Academy).
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top tier liberal arts college, a national leader in graduation rate performance, and a "Great School, Great Price," according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster ranked 38th among liberal arts colleges, according to the Washington Monthly College Guide, and is one of the most affordable national liberal arts colleges in Pennsylvania. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 373 Colleges" and "Best in the Northeast" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 41 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.