Sunday, March 3, 2013
HILTON HEAD, S.C. - The Westminster College women's tennis team won, 8-1, over St. John Fisher on Sunday in its first match of the Spring Break Trip. The Titans improved to 14-1 overall and the Cardinals fell to 1-10.
Westminster swept the doubles competition, led by senior Alex Bailey (Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regional) and junior Caitlin Hosler (Lititz, PA / Manheim Central) who won 8-3 at no. 1. Bailey also won at no. 1 singles (7-6, 6-4).
Senior Jane Larson (Warren, PA / Warren) won in three sets, 6-1, 1-6, 10-5.
Westminster will continue its three-match Spring Trip as competes against Adrian on Tuesday at 3 p.m.
1. Alex Bailey (WES) def. Katie Pasier (FISHER) 7-6, 6-4
2. Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Jennifer Lehrner (FISHER) 6-3, 6-1
3. Jane Larson (WES) def. Sania Zaki (FISHER) 6-1, 1-6, 10-5
4. Heather Santa (WES) def. Lauren Burke (FISHER) 6-1, 6-1
5. Lauren Fling (WES) def. Alyssa LaRocca (FISHER) 6-0, 6-2
6. Alissa Cornacchia (FISHER) def. Kaitlin Braman (WES) 7-6, 4-6, 10-8
1. Alex Bailey/Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Jennifer Lehrner/Katie Pasier (FISHER) 8-3
2. Lauren Fling/Heather Santa (WES) def. Lauren Burke/Sania Zaki (FISHER) 8-2
3. Jane Larson/Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Taylor Duquette/Alissa Cornacchia (FISHER) 8-2
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top-tier liberal arts college and a national leader in graduation rate performance, according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 377 Colleges" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 41 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.