Wednesday, October 3, 2012NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - The Westminster College women's tennis team stayed undefeated after a 9-0 shutout win over the visiting Washington & Jefferson on Wednesday. This was the Titans' seventh shutout win of the season.
The Titans improved to 10-0 overall and 6-0 in the Presidents' Athletic Conference, while the Presidents dropped to 5-4 overall and 4-3 in the conference.
Earning shutout wins in singles were junior Caitlin Hosler (Lititz, PA / Manheim Central) (no.2) and senior Jane Larson (Warren, PA / Warren) (no. 3). The duo of senior Alex Bailey (Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regiona) and Hosler won 8-0 at no. 1 doubles.
Westminster will host Franciscan tomorrow at 4 p.m.
1. Alex Bailey (WES) def. Courtney Brennan (W&J) 6-0, 6-3
2. Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Kathryn Mioduszewski (W&J) 6-0, 6-0
3. Jane Larson (WES) def. Alexa Gross (W&J) 6-0, 6-0
4. Heather Santa (WES) def. Jenna Supp (W&J) 6-1, 6-0
5. Lauren Fling (WES) def. Abigail Palmer (W&J) 6-1, 6-2
6. Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Rachel Detts (W&J) 6-0, 6-4
1. Alex Bailey/Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Courtney Brennan/Abigail Palmer (W&J) 8-0
2. Heather Santa/Lauren Fling (WES) def. Kathryn Mioduszewski/Jenna Supp (W&J) 8-5
3. Jane Larson/Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Alexa Gross/Rachel Detts (W&J) 8-1
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top-tier liberal arts college and a national leader in graduation rate performance, according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 377 Colleges" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 42 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.