Saturday, October 6, 2012
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - The Westminster College women's tennis team stayed undefeated as they blanked Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) foe Chatham, 9-0, on Saturday on Senior Day. The Titans improved to 12-0 overall and 6-0 in the PAC, while the Cougars dropped to 0-7 overall and 0-5 in the conference.
Westminster's senior Alex Bailey (Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regional) shutout Chatham's Linah Richer at no. 1 singles.
The Titans recognized seniors Bailey, Beth Ekimoff (Webster, NY / Webster Schroeder), Jane Larson (Warren, PA / Warren), and Caroline Reina (Beaver, PA / Beaver).
The Titans are back on the courts on Tuesday as they host Geneva at 4 p.m.
1. Alex Bailey (WES) def. Linah Richer (CHA) 6-0, 6-0
2. Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Alexa Coughenour (CHA) 6-2, 6-0
3. Jane Larson (WES) def. Alisa Boslett (CHA) 6-1, 6-2
4. Heather Santa (WES) def. Allie Makosky (CHA) 6-0, 6-1
5. Lauren Fling (WES) def. Jenny Murphy (CHA) 6-4, 6-2
6. Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Lauren Trichtinger (CHA) 6-0, 6-2
1. Alex Bailey/Caitlin Hosler (WES) def. Alexa Coughenour/Alisa Boslett (CHA) 8-2
2. Heather Santa/Lauren Fling (WES) def. Linah Richer/Allie Makosky (CHA) 8-5
3. Jane Larson/Beth Ekimoff (WES) def. Jenny Murphy/Cory Doman (CHA) 8-1
About Westminster College...
Founded in 1852 and related to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Westminster College ranks first in the nation as "Best College for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math," according to Forbes.com. Westminster is a top-tier liberal arts college and a national leader in graduation rate performance, according to U.S. News Best Colleges guide. Westminster is also honored as one of "The Best 377 Colleges" by The Princeton Review, and is named to the President's Honor Roll for excellence in service learning.
Nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students benefit from individualized attention from dedicated faculty while choosing from 42 majors and nearly 100 organizations on the New Wilmington, Pa., campus. Visit www.westminster.edu/advantage to view "Advantage: Westminster" A Strategic Plan 2010-2020.