The High School Dual Enrollment Program offers qualifying high school students the opportunity to take college courses while attending high school. This program allows high school students to enroll concurrently in a college course and receive both high school and college credit for that coursework.
Dual enrollment programs help introduce students to the advantages of post-secondary education while also helping them to more successfully transition into the culture and expectations of collegiate study.
Interested students should contact their high school guidance counselor or call the Adult and Graduate Studies Office at 724-946-7353 for information about the program.
A few key points to keep in mind:
- Students can start taking courses at Westminster as early as ninth grade if they meet eligibility requirements as determined by Westminster College and their school district.
- Dual Enrollment students can earn credits toward their high school diploma along with college credit.
- A student earns 4 semester-hour credits for each Westminster course completed.
- There is a one-time application fee of $35 to apply for Westminster's Dual Enrollment Program. Tuition for a 4 semester-hour credit course during the 2013-14 school year for Dual Enrollment students is $840 (includes $50 info tech fee). Wilmington Area School students should contact the Adult and Graduate Studies Office.
- Contact the Adult and Graduate Studies Office at 724-946-7353 to arrange a tour or to request program information.