Frequently Asked Questions about Summer Session

All Summer Session courses earn college credit that may be applied to a degree or transferred to another academic institution, however all ttransfer credit is determined by the visitng student's home iinstitution. 

Am I able to adjust my schedule once classes have begun?

Yes.  Students who wish to change from one class to another may do so with no fee prior to the course meeting 6 semester hours.  To change a class, stop in or contact the Adult Studies Office at 724-946-7353.

How do I withdraw from Summer Session?

If you decide not to complete a Summer Session course, you must complete a Withdrawal Form at the Adult Studies Office.  College fees are usually non-refundable to students unless they withdraw because of illness or reasons entirely beyond their control.  Any fees returned are pro-rated.

May I live on Campus during the Summer Session?

Yes, student housing is available during the Summer Session. One residence hall is used for the Summer Session. All campus policies are in effect during the Summer Session. For additional information, please call the Office of Student Affairs at 724-946-7110.

May I take courses as a High School Student?

Yes, qualifying students from local area high schools wishing to take classes at Westminster College may do so with special permission. For more information call 724-946-7353.

How do I schedule an internship?

Students planning to serve an internship should:
  1. consult with your advisor prior to the end of spring semester
  2. pick up the internship packet at the Career Center, complete and return the internship application to the Career Center
  3. return signed approval to the Registrar to complete your registration.

For more information or assistance, please call the Career Center at 724-946-6338.*   Internships are available for Westminster College students only.

The last day to register for a summer internship is Friday, June 22, 2012.

When are Grades available?

Summer Session Grades will be posted in August.

How will I be billed?

Student account information including billing is posted on my.Westminster. Visiting students will be sent their access code and password information for my.Westminster. . 

How do I transfer Summer Session credits to my  home College or University?

Please stop by the Westminster Registrar’s office, located on the first floor of Old Main, to request a copy of your transcript to be sent to yourhome school.  There is a one time $30.00 transcript fee.