Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Hats off to twenty-three mathematics and computer science student athletes who successfully juggled rigid academic schedules and the demands of participating in a varsity sport during the 2010-2011 academic year.
The Westminster College Department of Athletics and the Student Athlete Advisory Committee hosted the Eighth Annual WESPY Awards (Westminster Exceptional Sports Performances of the Year) on Thursday, May 5, 2011, at the Orr Auditorium. The WESPYs honored team MVPs for all 18 varsity sports teams, as well as several annual awards and recognition of top athletic achievements throughout the 2010-11 academic year.
Emily Dolsak, mathematics major, was honored at the event as the recipient of the Exceptional Two-Sport Student-Athlete Award for women and men for her participation in women's track and field and basketball.
In addition, the following mathematics and computer science student athletes were named to the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) Academic Honor Roll for the Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 semesters. The PAC Academic Honor Roll honors student-athletes on all varsity sports teams who have earned a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale during their semester of competition.
Fall 2010 PAC Honor Roll: Coty Hainsey, Men's Soccer; Bethany Ekimoff, Women's Tennis
Spring 2011 PAC Honor Roll: Jonathan Bodle, Men's Swimming & Diving; Emily Dolsak, Women's Basketball/Track & Field; Jenna Huston, Women's Golf; Sydney Spain, Women's Track & Fieled; Morgan Swartz, Women's Track & Field
Below is a comprehensive listing of mathematics and computer students who participated in varsity sports during the 2010-11 academic year:
• Baseball: Adam Carter, Domenic Neely
• Men's Basketball: Anthony DeFelice
• Women's Basketball: Emily Dolsak
• Women's Cross Country: Sydney Spain, Morgan Swartz
• Football: Kolby Addis
• Women's Golf: Jenna Huston
• Men's Soccer: Coty Hainsey, Lance Leathers, Daniel Lee, Robert Rhodes,
• Women's Soccer: Julie Bearer
• Softball: Erika Pamer
• Men's Swimming & Diving: Jon Bodle, Kris Brooks
• Women's Swimming & Diving Roster: Krysty Mohnke
• Women's Tennis: Beth Ekimoff
• Men's Track & Field: Robert Rhodes
• Women's Track & Field Roster: Emily Dolsak, Sydney Spain, Morgan Swartz