CEC Core Values, Mission, and Vision
- The dignity and worth of all individuals.
- Social justice, inclusiveness, and diversity.
- Professional excellence, integrity, and accountability.
- Rich and meaningful participation in society for all individuals with exceptionalities.
- Effective individualized education for all individuals with exceptionalities.
- The importance of families in the lives and education of all individuals with exceptionalities.
- Collaboration and community building to improve outcomes.
CEC is an international community of educators who are the voice and vision of special and gifted education. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals with exceptionalities and their families worldwide through professional excellence and advocacy.
CEC is a diverse, vibrant professional community working together and with others to ensure that individuals with exceptionalities are valued and included in all aspects of life. CEC is a trusted voice in shaping education policy and practice and is globally renowned for its expertise and leadership. CEC is one of the world's premiere education organizations.