The 2010 BC Capstone Class
Welcome! The Broadcast Communications Capstone Weblogs offer seniors in the major opportunities at self-reflection and growth as upcoming graduates from a liberal arts college with a bachelor's degree.
Capstone blogging requires each student to take stock of their strengths and weaknesses while challenging them to polish their skills as producers of a short-format documentary.
Students research, plan, shoot, write and edit the documentary for an campus showcase. This year's showcase takes place Tuesday, Nov. 16. Seven students will premiere documentaries beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Mueller Theater with a scheduled 30 minute intermission with refreshments.
What's in the blogs?
Each week members of BC 601/602 update their weblogs to address various topics and discussions regarding individual projects in production.
Students will also recruit visitors to the BC Capstone blogs.
- Research, assess and re-evaluate short and long term individual career goals while assessing and developing individual strategies for employment.
- Reflect on and assess the liberal arts experience as well as the broadcast communications curriculum.
- Continue exploring and participating in the mission of broadcast production teams and audience research concepts and practices presented throughout the BC curriculum. Students will reflect and take active roles in group projects meeting deadlines and approaching projects as mature professionals.
- Research, update and develop resumes and audition/resume tape(s) or e-portfolio.
- Research, create, and produce a senior presentation for an audience of peers, faculty and staff and invited professionals.
- Research & explore BC topics and industry issues.
Capstone Webblogs date back to 2006
Capstone Webblogs for 2005-06
Capstone Webblogs for 2004-05