Wednesday, December 18, 2013NEW CASTLE, Pa.-- Officials with the Lawrence County United Way announced this week that the 2013 Campaign has reached the 70 percent mark. The United Way hopes to raise $550,000.
That money goes to underwriting member agencies in Lawrence County.
Gayle Young, United Way Executive Director, says the organization will also introduced the 211 Information & Referral Program. This new program provides services for anyone needing health and human service assistance 24/7, every day of the year. She explained that the United Way of Lawrence County entered an agreement with the United Way of Southwest in Allegheny County in order to bring the program to Lawrence County. Young further commented that a meeting was held with area social service agencies explaining the program to them. The website is www.pa211sw.org or dial 211.
· Frank Telesz, Business Manager IBEW 712 reported a total of $1,060 from the Labor Division.
· The Education Division reported $2,000.
· Sara Dudash, Beaver/Lawrence Labor Council, reported an additional $475 from the Ellwood City Division.
· The Foundation Division reported an additional $7,000.
· Jerry Prestopine, Huntington Bank, reported an additional $3,000.
· The employees from Liberty Mutual through their Give with Liberty Program raised $10,585 for our area.
· Janice Dougherty, Lawrence County Courthouse, reported $8,000 from the Public Affairs Division.
· Doug McIltrot, Howard Hanna, reported an additional $3,000 from the Retail Division
· Harold Taylor, PA Water Company, reported an additional $2,000 from the Utility Division.
The total raised to date is $383,547 or 70 percent of our goal of $550,000.